- Sterling, VA, USA
- 55000-64000 per year
- Full Time
Competitive salaries, bonus potential, PTO, insurance, 401k, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement
Join Us in Making a Difference in the Lives of Those Defending our Nation!
Come join the SURVICE Engineering mission to protect, enhance, and enable those who defend the United States as we kick off our 40th year of service! If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a leading organization, come see what we can offer you!
Forensic Analytical Chemist (Junior Level)
- Location: Sterling, VA
- Security Clearance: Must be able to pass CBP Background Investigation; U.S Citizen
- Salary: $55,000 - $64,000
- Benefits: Competitive salaries, bonus potential, PTO, insurance, 401k, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, flex scheduling.
- Travel: 0%
SURVICE Engineering is currently seeking junior-level Forensic Analytical Chemist to support a multiyear, multimillion dollar Department of Homeland Security Customs & Border Protection (CBP) program. DHS CBP requires analytical chemistry support to aid in a mission to stem the flow of opioids into the United States. This an exciting and fast-paced opportunity to have a positive impact on the Nation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support a 24/7 watch floor operation
- Able to work shift work where work schedules may vary depending on mission requirements
- May need to remain on-call even when not scheduled
- Perform analysis of FTIR and Raman spectra with reference libraries
- Identify FTIR spectral features based on chemical name
- Report findings of FTIR and Raman spectra analysis
- Prepare and present oral and written reports on findings as directed within given time and mission parameters
- Prepare monthly reports of activity and chemical identifications
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support for field chemical-screening devices
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in a physical science, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Experience with laboratory analysis and testing, general spectroscopy, and/or interpretation of spectral data preferred.
- Successful completion of one semester of organic chemistry and one semester of analytical chemistry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to pass a technical evaluation and a CBP background investigation to be considered
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government contract requirements
SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and they are proud to have supported the development, testing, analysis, and modeling and simulation (M&S) of many of the major U.S. air, land, and sea combat systems in the field today. They have also contributed their expertise to other vital national defense programs and technologies that involve survivability, cybersecurity, information technology/management, software engineering, unmanned aerial systems (UASs), and metrology/reverse engineering.
Temporary Halt on Enforcement. Per Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors), to be employed with SURVICE Engineering, candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or request and be granted a legal accommodation exemption prior to starting work after 18 January 2022. However, as of 8 December 2021, there is a nationwide preliminary injunction staying enforcement of Executive Order 14042, with the final outcome pending the court's decision.
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!