- Belcamp, MD, USA
- 90000-105000 per year
- Full Time
Paid time off (PTO) and holidays, health insurance (medical, dental, vision), life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with a company contribution, profit sharing, merit bonus program
Join Us in Making a Difference in the Lives of Those Defending our Nation!
Come join the SURVICE Engineering mission to protect, enhance, and enable those who defend the United States. Since 1981, we have supported the DoD community, as well as Homeland Security, advanced technologies, environmental, and commercial markets. Our employees have backgrounds in engineering, physics, mathematics, chemistry, computer science, acquisition, technical writing, training, and other technical and administrative fields. And many of our personnel have DoD and/or operational military experience. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a leading organization, come see what we can offer you!
Position: Multidisciplinary Software Engineer
Location: Churchville, MD (This is an onsite position)
Security Clearance: Active clearance or eligible to obtain; U.S. citizenship required
Salary: $90,000 to $105,000 depending on experience
Benefits Include: Competitive salaries, bonus potential, PTO, insurance, 401k, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, flex scheduling
Job Summary for Multidisciplinary Software Engineer
SURVICE Engineering is looking for entry-level (1 to 2 years of experience) or mid-level (3 to 5 years of experience) Software Engineers to support growing project interest from sponsors in our sector. The Applied Technology Operation focuses on research & development (R&D) and building custom software applications. Software development at this location primarily focuses on drone control applications, though other development opportunities are also available.
Specific work will depend on each individual project but may include work with mobile device development, embedded systems, computer vision and neural networks. While proficiency in all these elements isn't required, we are looking for talented individuals with a strong computer science background and a thirst to tackle new jobs and learn new skills - all while working in a dynamic and cutting-edge area of research and engineering.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities of Multidisciplinary Software Engineer
- Brainstorm, conceptualize, design and prototype new systems and software architectures
- Research new technologies and software libraries that may be applicable to our product roadmap and vision
- Support proposal development
- Analyze and implement solutions for technical design challenges
- Validate software and system performance through experimentation and refactor
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or Software Engineering. Minimum of 3 years practical experience in design, analysis, and testing of products/systems.
- Experience developing using C/C++, Java, or Python
- Experience with functional Object-Oriented programming and design
- Well-developed communication skills: verbal, written, and presentation
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to explore new and innovative processes, ideas, and techniques
- Independent, with minimal supervision
- Team player with a winning positive attitude
- Design, analysis, and testing of products and systems
- Git or other version control systems
- Extra points for knowledge of GitLab CI/CD pipeline management
- Network communications
- UI/UX design
- Mobile device development, particularly with Android Java applications
- Software build systems (CMake, Gradle, etc.)
- Linux or Windows scripting
- Developing custom applications using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Beaglebone, or other embedded systems
- Robot Operating System (ROS)
- The Android Team Awareness Kit (ATAK)
- Multi-threaded programming
- Encryption and OPSEC
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML), Neural Networks, or computer vision
About Us SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and they are proud to have supported the development, testing, analysis, and modeling and simulation (M&S) of many of the major U.S. air, land, and sea combat systems in the field today. They have also contributed their expertise to other vital national defense programs and technologies that involve survivability, cybersecurity, information technology/ management, software engineering, unmanned aerial systems (UASs), and metrology/reverse engineering.
SURVICE is subject to Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors) and the applicable Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce Guidance. Therefore, continued employment will be contingent upon compliance with these requirements in the event they become enforceable.
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!