- Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Full Time
Competitive salaries, bonus potential, PTO, insurance, 401k, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement
Join Us in Making a Difference in the Lives of Those Defending Our Nation!
Come join the SURVICE Engineering mission to protect, enhance, and enable those who defend the United States. Since 1981, we have supported the DoD community, as well as Homeland Security, advanced technologies, environmental, and commercial markets. Our employees have backgrounds in engineering, physics, mathematics, chemistry, computer science, acquisition, technical writing, training, and other technical and administrative fields. And many of our personnel have DoD and/or operational military experience. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a leading organization, come see what we can offer you!
Scientific Applications Software Developer
- Location: Albuquerque, NM
- Security Clearance: Active Clearance or Eligible to Obtain - U.S. citizenship required
- Salary: $90,000 - $140,000
- Travel: Up to 10%
- Benefits: SURVICE Engineering offers a total rewards package to include competitive salaries, comprehensive insurance options, paid time off, 401k, profit sharing, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement.
SURVICE Engineering is currently seeking a Scientific Applications Software Developer to support our PMC - Laser Software Research Team. You will accelerate your career and become an integral team member within the defense community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for the Scientific Applications Software Developer
- Develops software tools to support company and Government projects, applying personal and team expertise in scientific, engineering, and software development.
- Collaborates with other software developers to analyze, estimate, design, and implement features, potentially taking a project leadership position.
- Works with company and Government SMEs and project managers in analyzing new functional requirements while providing feasibility assessments and level of effort.
- Participates in planning meetings and technical coordination meetings for reporting issues, planning, and providing status.
- Follows the team's software development process and procedures. When directed, peer reviews fellow software developer's code and documentation to ensure it meets the team's quality standards and best practices.
- Works with software architectural owners to ensure all development meets architectural vision and system designs.
- Works with lead software engineer and senior developers in deriving technical requirements from functional requirements.
- Contributes to technical design documentation and maintenance of the software.
Minimum Qualifications for the Scientific Applications Software Developer
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, and/or Engineering and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Required knowledge of C++11, C++17 standards. Knowledge of Python, FORTRAN, and other languages is a plus.
- Experience in working on a software development team.
- Knowledge of solid coding practices including design, unit testing, and revision control.
- Experience in programming large and complex scientific and engineering applications is a plus.
- Basic understanding of classical mechanics and applications
- Proficiency in numerical mathematics techniques
- Understanding of high-performance computing and parallel algorithm design
- Experience in the application of computational Artificial Neural Networks, Graph Neural Networks, and Gaussian Processes
SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and they are proud to have supported the development, testing, analysis, and modeling and simulation (M&S) of many of the major U.S. air, land, and sea combat systems in the field today. They have also contributed their expertise to other vital national defense programs and technologies that involve survivability, cybersecurity, information technology/management, software engineering, unmanned aerial systems (UASs), and metrology/reverse engineering.
SURVICE is subject to Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors) and the applicable Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce Guidance. Therefore, continued employment will be contingent upon compliance with these requirements in the event they become enforceable.
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!