- Dayton, OH, USA
- Full Time
SURVICE Engineering offers a total rewards package to include competitive salaries, comprehensive insurance options, paid time off, 401k, profit sharing, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement.
Join Us in Making a Difference in the Lives of Those Defending Our Nation!
Come join the SURVICE Engineering mission to protect, enhance, and enable those who defend the United States. Since 1981, we have supported the DoD community, as well as Homeland Security, advanced technologies, environmental, and commercial markets. Our employees have backgrounds in engineering, physics, mathematics, chemistry, computer science, acquisition, technical writing, training, and other technical and administrative fields. And many of our personnel have DoD and/or operational military experience. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a leading organization, come see what we can offer you!
Machine Learning Engineer
- Location: Dayton, Ohio
- Security Clearance: Active Clearance or Eligible to Obtain - U.S. citizenship required
- Salary: $85,000 - $135,000
- Travel: Up to 10%
- Benefits: SURVICE Engineering offers a total rewards package to include competitive salaries, comprehensive insurance options, paid time off, 401k, profit sharing, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement.
SURVICE Engineering is currently seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to support several DoD research programs. You will accelerate your career and become an integral team member within the defense community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, develop, and deliver novel mathematical and statistical modeling and algorithm development for predictive problem sets
- Apply machine learning algorithms to structured and unstructured data to solve a broad range of problems that include applications in pattern recognition, target detection and damage predictions
- Organize and database existing data for data mining and analytics research
- Developing authoritative data standards that will assist in development of machine learning models
- Prototype advanced artificial intelligence techniques to advance that state of the art in predictive capabilities
- Design, develop, document, test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to deploy machine learning algorithms for testing and production environments
Bachelor's Degree in social science or technical field of study and 3-5+ years of relevant experience. Exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered. Candidates are not required to possess all qualifications; if you possess some of the desired qualifications, please apply.
- Strong analytical, inference, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Practical knowledge of DoD aircraft and weapon systems
- Strong proficiency in probability theory and statistics
- Understanding of numerical optimization techniques
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Python, C/C++ programming language
- Basic understanding of classical mechanics and applications
- Proficiency in numerical mathematics techniques
- Understanding of high-performance computing and parallel algorithm design
- Experience in the application of computational Artificial Neural Networks, Graph Neural Networks, and Gaussian Processes
- Experience with scientific data processing, modeling and simulation, and R&D algorithm development
- Experience with engineering, engagement, mission, or campaign level M&S environments
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a small team environment
- Demonstrated ability to participate in small, dynamic teams and deliver products exceeding customer expectations
SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and they are proud to have supported the development, testing, analysis, and modeling and simulation (M&S) of many of the major U.S. air, land, and sea combat systems in the field today. They have also contributed their expertise to other vital national defense programs and technologies that involve survivability, cybersecurity, information technology/management, software engineering, unmanned aerial systems (UASs), and metrology/reverse engineering.
SURVICE is subject to Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors) and the applicable Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce Guidance. Therefore, continued employment will be contingent upon compliance with these requirements in the event they become enforceable.
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!