Join Us in Making a Difference in the Lives of Those Defending Our Nation!
Come join the SURVICE Engineering mission to protect, enhance, and enable those who defend the United States as we kick off our 40th year of service! If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a leading organization, come see what we can offer you!
Full-Stack Software Developer
Location: on site at Belcamp, MD with flexibility to work from home on some days
COVID Vax Status: Fully vaccinated or SURVICE-approved Legal Accommodation Exemption (see below)
Security Clearance: Active clearance preferred, or eligible to obtain. U.S. citizenship required
Benefits: Competitive salaries, bonus potential, PTO, insurance, 401k, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, flex scheduling, and more!
SURVICE Engineering is currently seeking to hire a Full-Stack Software Developer with experience developing end-to-end software applications to design and develop solutions from the ground up. As a full-stack developer, you will be primarily working in a small team to plan, build, and improve upon new and existing applications in support of the mission of the Information Analysis Centers (IACs). You will be participating in all parts of the software development lifecycle to develop applications that meet and exceed the needs of the stakeholders. You will also have the opportunity work independently and explore various trending topics such as machine-learning algorithms, client certificate authentication, data analytics, and cybersecurity. Responsibilities will include DevSecOps support for migrating software applications to a CloudOne Azure cloud environment.
This position will support the DoD's Information Analysis Center's IACs). SURVICE Engineering operates the IACs in a trusted agent role. The mission of the IACs is to collect, analyze, synthesize, and disseminate scientific and technical information (STI) related to Cybersecurity & Information Systems, Defense Systems, and Homeland Defense & Security to improve the productivity of engineers and scientists in the DoD community and reduce redundancy. The full-stack software developer will be an integral part of the IAC operation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Critically analyze and integrate software requirements into applications
- Plan with UI/UX designers to help produce wireframes, storyboards, and UI flow charts
- Work with a project manager to set deadlines and evaluate progress
- Write efficient code using standard practices
- Work independently and in a team environment as required
- Maintain software documentation, change logs, and user guides
- Implement CI/CD and continuously improve the applications
- Respond to software change requests (SCR) and perform a security impact assessment
- Deploy code to development and production environments
- Document information, experiences, and lessons learned to increase efficiency of the software development processes
- Azure Kubernetes Service deployment of web application to an Impact Level 2 (IL2) Azure Cloud environment
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline and 3 years experience OR at least 5 years of related full-stack software development experience in lieu of a bachelors degree.
- Experience with structured database management systems (SQL or mySQL)
- Experience with DevSecOps support
- Track record of working with and implementing APIs (REST or SOAP)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with modern, front-end technologies (Angular, React, or Vue)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to think outside of the box to solve problems
- Ability to work in a development team and use version control such as Git
- Takes initiative to learn new and evolving technologies
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Cloud architecture, deployment, and security (Azure, AWS)
- Structured and nonstructured (NoSQL) database architecture
- Machine-learning models and tools (OpenCV, Tesseract)
- WordPress custom theme and plugin development
- Authentication/authorization protocols (OAuth2.0, SAML Federation)
- Data analytics and visualization (R, Chart.js)
SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and they are proud to have supported the development, testing, analysis, and modeling and simulation (M&S) of many of the major U.S. air, land, and sea combat systems in the field today. They have also contributed their expertise to other vital national defense programs and technologies that involve survivability, cybersecurity, information technology/management, software engineering, unmanned aerial systems (UASs), and metrology/reverse engineering.
Per Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors), to be employed with SURVICE Engineering, candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or request and be granted a legal accommodation exemption prior to starting work after 18 January 2022. However, as of 8 December 2021, there is a nationwide preliminary injunction staying enforcement of Executive Order 14042, with the final outcome pending the court's decision.
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.