- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, USA
- Full Time
SURVICE offers competitive salaries, bonus potential, PTO, insurance, 401k, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, flexible scheduling, and more!
Join Us in Making a Difference in the Lives of Those Defending Our Nation!
Come join the SURVICE Engineering mission to protect, enhance, and enable those who defend the United States as we kick off our 40th year of service! If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a leading organization, come see what we can offer you!
- Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Security Clearance: Active clearance or eligible to obtain; U.S. citizenship required
- Benefits: Competitive salaries, bonus potential, PTO, insurance, 401k, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, flex scheduling, and more!
Schedule: M-F, 8 am-5 pm
- Travel: 5%
SURVICE Engineering is seeking a Computational Engineer to support our Army customer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop finite element (FE) models, with emphasis on mesh generation, to perform a variety of physics-based structural and dynamic analyses of ground vehicle systems, subsystems, and occupants
- Execute modeling and simulation methodologies using standard and advanced finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) codes such as LS-DYNA, CTH, HYPERMESH, and CUBIT
- Types of analyses performed can include, but are not limited to, modeling of underbody blast impingement on a vehicle, ammunition compartmentation, survivability mitigation, penetration, and warhead performance.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or Physics and at least 3 years of experience.
- Understanding of CAD models and programs such as CREO, SolidWorks, etc.
- Familiarization with FE modeling principles and techniques
- Familiarity with vehicle structures, occupant modeling, and live-fire test and evaluation
- Experience with explosives characterization, material modeling, and soil mechanics (especially high-strain rate properties)
- Experience using programming codes such as Python or MATLAB for engineering applications
- Experience generating full FE models from scratch under dynamic loading
SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and they are proud to have supported the development, testing, analysis, and modeling and simulation (M&S) of many of the major U.S. air, land, and sea combat systems in the field today. They have also contributed their expertise to other vital national defense programs and technologies that involve survivability, cybersecurity, information technology/management, software engineering, unmanned aerial systems (UASs), and metrology/reverse engineering.
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.