- Churchville, MD, USA
- Full Time
SURVICE offers competitive salaries, bonus potential, PTO, insurance, 401k, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, flexible scheduling, and more!
Join Us in Making a Difference in the Lives of Those Defending our Nation!
Come join the SURVICE Engineering mission to protect, enhance, and enable those who defend the United States as we kick off our 40th year of service! If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career, come see what we can offer you!
Software Engineer/Computer Scientist
- Location: Churchville, MD
- COVID Vax Status: Fully vaccinated or SURVICE-approved Legal Accommodation Exemption
- Security Clearance: Active DoD Security Clearance preferred; U.S. citizenship required
- Benefits: Competitive salaries, bonus potential, PTO, insurance, 401k, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, flex scheduling, and more!
- Schedule: M-F, 8 am-5 pm
- Travel: 10-25%
SURVICE Engineering is currently seeking to hire multiple, full-time software engineers / computer scientists at all levels to help with the growing workload at our Applied Technology Operation, which focuses on research and development activities and custom software applications. Specific skills will depend on each project but may include work and experience in low-level, high-performance code optimization, computer vision, 3D visualization, neural networks, and embedded systems. While proficiency in all of these areas isn't required, we are looking for talented individuals with a strong, basic computer science background and a thirst to tackle new jobs and learn new skills while working in a dynamic and challenging research and development environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- This software engineer/computer scientist will research new technologies and software libraries that may be applicable to our product roadmap and vision
- Support proposal development activities
- Brainstorm, conceptualize, design, and prototype new systems and software architectures
- Analyze and implement solutions for technical design challenges that arise
- Validate software and system performance through experimentation
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or Software Engineering and a minimum of 1 year of practical experience in product/system design, analysis, and testing. Masters degree preferred. Junior-level (1-2 years), mid-level (3-5 years), senior level (5-10+ years). Graduate-level (Masters and/or Ph.D.-level) candidates with emphasis in computer vision and machine learning preferred.
- Experience writing software using C/C++, C#, CUDA, Python
- Experience developing custom applications using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Beaglebone
- Enthusiasm to explore new and innovative ideas
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, and presentation
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with well-focused attention to detail
- Self-motivated and requiring minimal supervision
- Collaborative team player with a successful track record working with cross-functional teams
- A winning, positive attitude
SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and they are proud to have supported the development, testing, analysis, and modeling & simulation (M&S) of many of the major U.S. air, land, and sea combat systems in the field today. They have also contributed their expertise to other vital national defense programs and technologies that involve survivability, cybersecurity, information technology/management, software engineering, unmanned aerial systems (UASs), and metrology/reverse engineering.
Per Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors), to be employed with SURVICE Engineering, candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or request and be granted a legal accommodation exemption prior to starting work after 18 January 2022.
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.