Established in 1981, SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. We're proud to have supported the development, testing, and analysis of many of the major U.S. combat systems in the field today. Join us in making a difference in the lives of those serving our nation.
SURVICE is seeking a Software Developer or General Engineer with programming experience to support the advancement of the Computation of Vulnerable Area Tool (COVART) software. The focus of this position is to enhance COVART capabilities by addressing prioritized Software Change Requests (SCRs).
COVART is a survivability, lethality, and vulnerability (SLV) software tool that supports the performance of ballistic vulnerability and lethality studies involving military systems. The primary objective of the software application is to help vulnerability analysts determine the probability of kill (PK) for a system of interest given a particular ballistic threat impact.
SURVICE is a growing small business with significant potential to become involved in other software based programs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- This position involves designing, coding, and testing software primarily using GNU Fortran and Intel Fortran on PC-based systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience required
- Computer programming experience in Intel Fortran, GNU Fortran required
- Bash scripting on Linux; Windows batch scripting;
- Experience with software versioning tools such as SVN; MATLAB; CENTOS Linux;
- Geometric modeling/raytracing
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security clearance