SURVICE Engineering is nationally recognized as a single-source provider for Government and industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. We're proud to have supported the development, testing, and analysis of many of the major U.S. combat systems in the field today.
SURVICE is seeking a Scientist/Engineer specializing in the testing of Advanced Materials and Structures. The support requirement includes the conduct of complex tests to determine the intrinsic properties of various materials and structures of interest to the Army. Support tasks are complex and require the application of advanced physical, mechanical, and mathematical principals. Work will be performed at the Army Research Laboratory, located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Minimal travel will be required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Fabricate and prepare complex samples for testing
- Develop rigorous and defensible test plans
- Apply instrumentation to test samples prior to test, e.g., strain gages and transducers
- Conduct high strain rate tests utilizing the Split-Hopkinson Pressure Bar and various servo-hydraulic load test frames; acquire and store experimental data
- Reduce and analyze data collected from instrumentation. Summarize findings in technical test reports including the use of figures, graphs, and/or pictures
- Conduct routine maintenance of the laboratory equipment required for testing
- Prepare presentations and written documents summarizing efforts. Upon COR request, Contractor personnel shall present the information to the ARL staff, universities, private corporations, research institutes, national laboratories, or other Government research centers
Primary knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience using basic laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, data acquisition equipment, signal conditioners and microscopes
- Familiar with operating split Hopkinson pressure bars
- Experience writing proposals, reports, technical program summaries, PowerPoint presentations, and journal publications
Education and Experience
BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 5 years of relevant experience, or a MS and at least some relevant graduate work experience
Security Clearance Requirement
Must be able to obtain a DoD clearance. U.S. citizenship is required in order to obtain this clearance. Current clearance is desired.
Relocation benefits are available
SURVICE Engineering Company offers competitive salaries and generous benefits packages, including tuition reimbursement up to $7K a year.
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.