Established in 1981, SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. We're proud to have supported the development, testing, and analysis of many of the major U.S. combat systems in the field today.
SURVICE is seeking an FEA Analyst / Engineer to support the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Transportation Security Lab (TSL) and will conduct finite element analysis for commercial aircraft related explosive test planning, analysis and specialized blast effects measurement. This position will be located in Egg Harbor Township, NJ, which is near Atlantic City, NJ.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Acquire and provide finite element analysis (FEA) to support explosive test planning, test documentation, test results analysis, and test modeling and simulation, for various explosive tests such as; Least Risk Bomb Location (LRBL), Hardened Unit Load Device (HULD) tests, commercial Aircraft Vulnerability testing, blast effects measurement testing, and other types of explosive vulnerability and explosive mitigation related tests.
- Calculate explosive formulations to be used during testing includes various high explosives (HE), non-ideal explosives (or homemade explosives), and other improvised explosive device (IED) threats.
- Provide FEA support for commercial aircraft related to explosive test planning, analysis, and specialized blast effects measurement.
- Support commercial aircraft explosive vulnerability and mitigation test support including: pre-test planning, post-test documentation, test results analysis, test modeling and simulation using LS-DYNA and other FEA software, and specialized consultant support in the field of commercial aircraft structural response digital image correlation test instrumentation/analysis for various explosive tests including; commercial aircraft internal explosive vulnerability tests, commercial aircraft blast mitigation technology developments tests (e.g. Hardened Unit Load Device (HULD) tests, blast reflective impulse measurement testing, and other commercial aircraft target explosive tests.
- Evaluate target structures or materials that form the basis of the testing include; aluminum alloys, steels, composite materials, and other commercial aircraft construction materials.
Bachelors degree (Engineering, Physics, or related technical preferred) and a minimum of 2-3 years' experience with FEA modeling and simulation, and have a solid understanding of structural mechanics
- Must have experience providing LS-DYNA Modelling and Simulation support
- Prior experience providing explosive test planning guidance and assistance
- Hands on experience advising staff on instrumentation and test configuration setups and fixtures
- Experience conducting test data analysis
Minimal Travel 10%
Clearance Requirements: Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance. Current DoD Secret and/or DHS Suitability preferred. MUST BE A US CITIZEN.