Established in 1981, SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized specialty engineering company providing services for Government and Industry organizations. We're proud to have supported the development, testing, and analysis of many of the major U.S. combat systems in the field today.
SURVICE is seeking a junior level (1 to 2 years' experience) or mid-level (3 to 5 years' experience) Software Engineer to help with growing workload at our Applied Technology Operation, which focuses on research and development activities and custom software applications. Specific skills will depend on each individual project but may include work and experience in low-level high-performance code optimization, computer vision, 3D visualization, neural networks, and embedded systems. While proficiency in all of these elements isn't required, we are looking for talented individuals with a strong basic computer science background and a thirst to tackle new jobs and learn new skills while working in a dynamic and challenging environment associated with research and development.
- Research new technologies and software libraries that may be applicable to our product roadmap and vision
- Support proposal development activities
- Brainstorm, conceptualize, design and prototype new systems and software architectures
- Analyze and implement solutions for technical design challenges that arise
- Validate software and system performance through experimentation
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements
BS in Computer Science and/or Software Engineering and a minimum of 3 years' practical experience in design, analysis, and testing of products/systems. Masters degree preferred.
- Writing software using C/C++, C#, CUDA, Python
- Experience developing custom applications using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Beaglebone
- Enthusiasm to explore new and innovative ideas
- Exceptional communication skills; verbal, written and presentation
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, coupled with well-focused attention to detail self-driven with minimal supervision, a collaborative team player with a successful track record working with cross-functional teams
- Team player with a winning positive attitude