- 16-Oct-2019 to 30-Dec-2024 (EST)
- ARO- Research and Analysis Group
- Atlantic City, NJ, USA
- Full Time
SURVICE Engineering is seeking a Laboratory Equipment Scientist to provide research development test and evaluation support to our customer, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL). The candidate will support the Electromagnetics Laboratory (EMXLAB) at the TSL with the following activities:
- Establish and maintain operational status for laboratory equipment including Raman spectroscopy, FTIR, and laser systems such as optical parametric oscillator (OPO) and dye lasers
- Gather and maintain existing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and lab books
- Calibrate equipment using manufacturer's documentation and laboratory SOPs
- Perform periodic checks such as power readings on equipment and contact manufacturer or service company as necessary with recommended maintenance or service needs
Work Location: Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
The following are requirements for the position:
- At least 6 years of experience and a Bachelor's degree in physical chemistry, electrical engineering, optical engineering, or physics or a Master's degree with related experience.
- Familiarity with operation, maintenance and calibration of laboratory laser equipment
- Must have experience that demonstrates comprehensive knowledge on solving complex technical problems associated with engineering and scientific activities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Sole US Citizenship with eligibility and willingness to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance and to obtain DHS Suitability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
The following is desired but not required for the position:
- Recent hands-on experience with Raman spectroscopy, FTIR, and laser systems such as optical parametric oscillator (OPO) and dye lasers.
- Hands-on experience using LabView
- Prior experience working for TSA or DHS
- DoD Secret security clearance