- Dayton, OH, USA
- Full Time
SURVICE Engineering Company offers a total rewards package to include competitive salaries, comprehensive insurance options, paid time off, 401k retirement and profit sharing, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement and more.
Engineer / Scientist
Security Clearance Requirement
Must be able to obtain a DoD issued government security clearance
SURVICE Engineering is currently seeking an Engineer to join our Dayton Area Operation in support of our growing business in survivability and lethality modeling, testing, and analysis. This key position will be responsible for researching, developing, testing, and applying methods for determining damage to aircraft and munitions when being engaged by emerging combat threats. Project leadership opportunities exist for the right candidate. This position provides opportunities to collaborate with Air Force, Navy, Army, and Industry partners.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and develop analytical approaches, that do not exist today, for evaluating directed energy damage vulnerabilities of aircraft, weapons, and munitions
- Strategize, plan, and support testing of aircraft, weapon, and munition materials and components to evaluate thermal damage effects
- Support research and development of vulnerability reduction technologies to minimize damage effects
- Support research and development in both office and laboratory environments
- Communicate project status and conclusion summaries through presentations and written reports
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field, along with a minimum of 3 years of engineering or research experience in the aircraft, weapons, or munitions field.
- Must be an excellent communicator both orally and written
- Must be able to work individually and within a team
- Must be able to travel, on occasion, within the continental United States
- General experience with test and evaluation is beneficial
- General knowledge of aircraft, weapons, and/or munitions components and systems is beneficial
- Research and development experience is beneficial
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.