- Watsonville, CA, USA
- Full Time
Superior Foods' benefits include 15 vacation days and 5 sick days annually; medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution; and the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the food industry.
Superior Foods International (SFI) is a global supplier of frozen fruits, vegetables, and grains for the retail, industrial, club, and foodservice markets. We take pride in connecting farm to family for the benefit of all. We are a growing company and an essential employer.
SFI is seeking a Customer Business Manager to join our Sales team in our Watsonville headquarters. The Customer Business Manager is responsible for managing every aspect of the customer relationship, which includes aspects of customer service, sales support, product development, project management, and logistics.
- Manage customer relationships and daily business needs via phone, email, and in-person meetings
- Master knowledge of assigned accounts including products, packaging, specifications, customer pickup and delivery requirements, supply chain, and relationship history
- Work with Sales Lead to coordinate seasonal demand planning of core crops and create formal sales quotes for new and existing business
- Work with Logistics and Inventory teams to obtain freight quotes and warehouse rates
- Prepare and distribute weekly status reports and analyze changes to shipping schedules, impact to customer, and viable solutions to concerns
- Compile shipping priorities to ensure scheduling of highest priority loads; distribute Certificate of Analysis, packing lists, FDA proceeds, and quality paperwork for load deliveries
- Assist in annual rebooking of non-bid items, coordinating final quotes, and confirmation of business in conjunction with Sales Lead and Sales Executive
- Enter contracts, purchase orders, sales memos, transfers, credits, debits, and rebills into database and maintain updated online repository of pricing quotes and customer contracts
- Qualify in-bound leads from companies not currently sold; coordinate customer approval and supplier setup documents with Quality Assurance/Food Safety, Accounting, and Supply Management teams
- Work with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices and correction of short payments and overpayments
- Lead cross-departmental Opportunity Meetings to facilitate successful implementation of new brand launches, large new or recurring business bids, or new contract opportunities
- Create sales presentations for quarterly business reviews or customer visits
- Assist in coordination of trade shows, customer conferences, and expositions
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years' experience in customer service, sales support, logistics, hospitality, project management, or similar position; food industry experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Skilled problem solver with ability to exercise good judgment with minimal work direction
- Proactive and self-driven with ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and work effectively with conflicting priorities and changing deadlines
- Highly organized with strong time management and prioritization skills
Superior Foods is based in Watsonville, in the heart of the fertile Central California coast. We are a global supplier of frozen fruits, vegetables, and grains for the retail, industrial, club, and foodservice markets. Our supply base spans more than 25 countries and gives us the advantage of staggered growing seasons, geographical diversification, and access to reliable supply.
Our company's purpose is to use business as a force for good and to significantly and sustainable improve the lives and well-being of the people within our communities. We are leaders in social responsibility and are dedicated to the reciprocal success of everyone we touch.
Our staff is comprised of 68 (and growing) passionate, talented, self-driven, empowered, and diverse employees. Over the past two decades, we have built a culture that is authentic, purpose driven, personal, and dynamic. Our core values center around a foundation of trust, transparency, and credibility, which has been instrumental to our long-term success.
If you are a talented Customer Business Manager and embrace SFI's core values of trust, reliability, integrity, food safety, innovation, and community, we'd love to hear from you!
Key Words: Customer Service * Sales Support * Logistics * Project Management * Account Management * Relationships Management * Food Industry * Frozen Foods *
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!