- Watsonville, CA, USA
- Full Time
Superior Foods' benefits include 15 vacation days and 5 sick days annually; medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution; and the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the food industry.
Superior Foods International (SFI) is a global supplier of frozen fruits, vegetables, and grains for the retail, industrial, club, and foodservice markets. We take pride in connecting farm to family for the benefit of all. We are a growing company and an essential employer.
SFI is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Finance Team in our Watsonville headquarters. The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate recording and reporting of customers' payments. This position interfaces with internal staff and external customers via phone and email.
- Sort, scan, and process customer checks, ACH payments, and wire transfers and post payments to customer accounts
- Calculate total deposits and email confirmation to accounting staff
- Reconcile customer rebates and deductions
- Update customer account spreadsheets and work with account Business Managers to determine best action for short payments and deductions
- Reconcile international customer payments to general ledger
- Create simple invoices
- Run credit reports for potential and existing customers
- Manage customer account inquiries
- Monitor customer PACA (Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act) license expirations and file PACA claims as necessary
- Assist with audits, special projects, faxing, filing, scanning, and copying as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associate's Degree in Accounting required
- 2+ years previous Accounts Receivable experience preferred
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish a plus
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy, organization, and attention to detail with excellent follow through
Superior Foods is based in Watsonville, in the heart of the fertile Central California coast. We are a global supplier of frozen fruits, vegetables, and grains for the retail, industrial, club, and foodservice markets. Our supply base spans more than 25 countries and gives us the advantage of staggered growing seasons, geographical diversification, and access to reliable supply.
Our company's purpose is to use business as a force for good and to significantly and sustainable improve the lives and well-being of the people within our communities. We are leaders in social responsibility and are dedicated to the reciprocal success of everyone we touch.
Our staff is comprised of 68 (and growing) passionate, talented, self-driven, empowered, and diverse employees. Over the past two decades, we have built a culture that is authentic, purpose driven, personal, and dynamic. Our core values center around a foundation of trust, transparency, and credibility, which has been instrumental to our long-term success.
If you are a talented Accounts Receivable Specialist and embrace SFI's core values of trust, reliability, integrity, food safety, innovation, and community, we'd love to hear from you!
Key Words: Accounts Receivable * Cash Receipts * Accounting * International * Food Industry * Frozen Foods
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!