- Watsonville, CA, USA
- Full Time
Superior Foods' benefits include 15 vacation days and 5 sick days annually; medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution; and the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the food industry.
Superior Foods International (SFI) is a global supplier of frozen fruits, vegetables, and grains for the retail, industrial, club, and foodservice markets. We take pride in connecting farm to family for the benefit of all. We are a growing company and an essential employer.
SFI is seeking a Bilingual Accounting Manager to join our Finance Department in our Watsonville headquarters. The Bilingual Accounting Manager is a hands-on team player responsible for managing a team of nine accounting specialists. Because many of our suppliers are in Latin America, you will have the opportunity to use your English and Spanish skills in this key role. In addition to core accounting responsibilities, your most important job will be to build and develop a high performing work team.
- Coach and mentor team of accounting specialists, contribution to each employee's professional development and career progression
- Learn responsibilities of and provide back up for staff accountant, credit, accounts receivable, and accounts payable positions
- Reconcile bank and general ledger reports, generate trial balances, manage internal controls, and ensure timely and accurate period end closings
- Review fixed asset depreciation schedule, analyze information for company borrowing base, monitor cash requirements, oversee preparation of selling expense reports and intercompany financials, and recommend vendor credit limit advancements as needed
- Assist with financial and bank audits, tax filings, and preparation of company operating budgets
- Provide support to CFO and Director of Accounting positions and work on special projects as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) language skills required
- 5+ years of diverse accounting experience required
- S. in finance, accounting, or similar discipline or equivalent work experience required
- Strong leadership skills and previous supervisory experience required
- Intermediate Excel proficiency required
- Hands-on, detailed, and organized team player required
Superior Foods is based in Watsonville, in the heart of the fertile Central California coast. We are a global supplier of frozen fruits, vegetables, and grains for the retail, industrial, club, and foodservice markets. Our supply base spans more than 25 countries and gives us the advantage of staggered growing seasons, geographical diversification, and access to reliable supply.
Our company's purpose is to use business as a force for good and to significantly and sustainable improve the lives and well-being of the people within our communities. We are leaders in social responsibility and are dedicated to the reciprocal success of everyone we touch.
Our staff is comprised of 68 (and growing) passionate, talented, self-driven, empowered, innovative, and diverse employees. Over the past two decades, we have built a culture that is authentic, purpose driven, personal, and dynamic. Our core values center around a foundation of trust, transparency, and credibility, which has been instrumental to our long-term success.
If you embrace SFI's core values of trust, reliability, integrity, food safety, innovation, and community, we'd love to hear from you!
Key Words: Accounting * Finance * Management * Accountant* General Ledger * Company Financials * Spanish * Food Industry * Frozen Foods *
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!