We are hiring!
GA Foods is looking for an Indirect (Food) Procurement Manager to lead category/supplier management activities, as well as, the implementation of the procurement strategy.
Why Join GA Foods?
For over forty years, GA Foods has been creating high quality, nutritious meals to meet the needs of our customers delivered with consistent and reliable service. We offer a true start-to-finish nutritious meal solution servicing the special needs of seniors, children, military, emergency response and large event catering. With a state-of-the-art call center, unwavering customer support, and delivery service unmatched by the competition, GA Foods is ready to service all meal solution needs.
A career at GA Foods is much more than 'a job'. We touch lives by serving people facing challenging situations. At GA Foods, we realize the value of a diverse and talented organization, one that is able to contribute a broad range of skills and experiences to our customers, products, and services. We work hard to foster an environment that encourages everyone on our staff to contribute their ideas and expertise to enable all of us to achieve success.
Because our products and services are developed for a wide scope of consumers and programs, we hire people who are self-motivated, collaborative and want to make a difference.
Reporting to the Vice President of Purchasing, the Indirect Procurement Manager will be responsible for the direct management, strategic sourcing, and procurement of indirect categories within the Supply Chain function at GA Foods. This role includes, but is not limited to: supplier selection and management, commodity analysis, invoice review and approval, budget assembly and reconciliation, project management/coordination, evaluating price trends, KPI analysis, new product development and sourcing. This is a hands-on role with limited supervision requiring initiative and drive. The Indirect Procurement Manager must possess broad, relevant business knowledge and be able to ruthlessly prioritize competing initiatives. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively and appropriately across all levels of the company as required.
- Source, negotiate, and contract products and services that best meet the needs of the business and simplify operations with the lowest Total Cost of Ownership
- Liaison between internal stakeholders and supplier partners while maintaining healthy supplier relationships
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) Provide Market Intel specific to each category of spend and provide insights on our brands' competitors
- Deliver commodity cost targets and/or manage costs and services
- Risk Management
- Provide LRP Forecast
- Contribute to the AOP productivity targets
- Continue to find areas of addressable spend to drive out cost
- Maintain and verify accuracy pricing
- Address and maintain material commitments and contracts
- Maintain and verify accuracy of all rebates, refunds, and variance accounts
- Execute samples to support the New Product Development Process
- Support QA/Commercialization and Food Safety, Design, Facilities, Construction, Finance, Operations, Planning, R&D, and Training
- Coach, Teach and Train
The ideal candidate will have the following experiences and qualifications:
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; ability to quickly learn and utilize various software platforms.
- Four-year college degree and 5+ years of industry experience in foodservice preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Convey a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and exceed expectations; persist despite obstacles and setbacks
- Detail-oriented; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership; Performs with purpose and determination to achieve results on time
- Is resilient; recovers quickly from setbacks; stays positive and composed
- Embraces change with a positive, "can-do" spirit; helps implement changes and quickly adapts
- Regularly demonstrates the essential skills and techniques required of the work and effectively performs those duties and responsibilities in a way that positively impacts the business
- Results Driven: Deliver cost targets. Work autonomously and have a plan. Be willing to give the unpopular opinion.
- Relationship Management: Liaison between internal stakeholders and supplier partners while maintaining healthy supplier relationships.
- Influence: Be transparent and open. Be vulnerable. Coach, teach, train.
- Adaptability & Agility: Share early, often, and frequently. Try something new. Prioritize and stay focused. Be willing to learn something new. Be open to new things.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or in a demand/production planning leadership role. Master's level degree or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain or Demand/Production Planning leadership
- Experience in multi-unit Operations preferred
Diversity and Inclusion:
We believe in diversity of thought and bringing together other traits and characteristics that make an individual bring a unique experience to GA Foods. We strive to foster an inclusive environment where behaviors and social norms ensure people are welcome.
We offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.