Summary of Position:
Assist the Renovation Manager by overseeing the construction process. Coordinate material deliveries and subcontractor work assigned by the Renovation Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for quality control and Inspection of all subcontractors quality/Performance.
- Performs daily inspection of community and prepares two-week schedule for subcontractors/suppliers.
- Prepares progress reports for Team.
- Leads efforts to promote safety on projects and monitors subcontractor's work in complying with the Company's safety program.
- Conducts weekly safety meetings.
- Responsible for correction on any deficient workmanship and sub-standard work.
- Maintains the construction documents at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available.
Qualifications - Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Experience in multi-family construction is preferred
- 2-4 years prior related work experience.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver's license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.
- Some of our projects or locations might require specialized job knowledge or experience.
This is a position which requires the Superintendent to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around construction sites, apartment homes, models and properties. Must maintain professional appearance and be able to work in a construction environment in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet), around hazardous chemicals, dust, dirt, and other particulates. Must also have the ability to operate an automobile, read large quantities of information, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry up to 100 lbs. independently. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact will with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.