I. Who We Are
Student Freedom Initiative, Inc. (SFI) is a nonprofit corporation formed under the laws of the State of Delaware and operated exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes. Our mission is to address the overwhelming student debt faced by all too many of the young men and women attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities ("HBCUs") - and ultimately other Minority-Serving Institutions ("MSI"). We are student centric and evidence-based; we deliver a holistic solution to address the systemic problems associated with the student loan crisis. Our program is composed of four primary components: (1) income contingent alternative to traditional Parent Plus loans, (2) Internships, (3) Tutoring, Mentoring, and other Services, and (4) targeted HBCU Capacity Building. These components are supported by partners, who provide subject matter expertise.
II. The Role
We are looking for a Chief Security Officer to maximize productivity through management and oversight of implementation processes with Student Freedom Initiative's partnering HBCU and Minority Serving Institutions. The successful candidate will focus on securing the infrastructure of partnering institutions to include ensuring compliance with any related legislation or relevant government regulations while also being a forward thinker as it relates to business technology planning, and future vision of technology and systems. Reporting the the Technology Partner Manager, the successful candidate will approach this critical role with fully- accountable ownership and buy in, acting with the highest levels of integrity and as an industry leader maintaining technology and security fluency in industry trends.
III. What You Will Do
- Analyze IT systems to evaluate effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement in meeting compliance with control unclassified information.
- Align IT objectives and programs to organizational objectives and strategies.
- Ensure technological processes and services comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations.
- Develop strategic plans and deployment of technology and infrastructures.
- Align IT risk management with company-wide risk management.
- Define and adjust IT standards and technologies.
- Collaborate with SFI leadership and partnering HBCU and minority serving institutions to create long-term plans and improvements.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters, budgets, and potential ROI.
- Remain current in new industry trends, technologies, and software development.
IV. What You Will Bring
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Information or IT leadership roles with a mix of strategic, tactical, and service responsibilities.
- CISSP or CISM certification.
- Prior experience leading organizational assessment, implementation, and compliance with privacy regulations such as GDPR.
- Working knowledge of FISMA and NIST regulations.
- Recent experience in making transformative changes in information systems or operations.
- Experience with serving as a strategic advisor to senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex security technology matters in an easy-to-understand manner to executives, teams and individual contributors across the organization.
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative in identifying alternative solutions to mitigate risks.
- Creative problem-solving under ambiguous circumstances.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment.
Student Freedom Initiative offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Health Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Student Freedom Initiative is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.