- 20-Oct-2022 to Until Filled (CST)
- Housekeeping Services
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
Competitive Pay; Generous vacation, sick, & holiday benefits; Excellent health & welfare benefits with 100% tuition assistance available.
Provides a clean, healthful and safe environment throughout the campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs custodial maintenance of buildings to include cleaning, sweeping, mopping, dusting, shampoo carpets, waxing, polishing, and scrubbing tile, floors, stairways, hallways, restrooms, offices, common areas and building lobbies.
- Cleans and maintains restrooms; washes windows; cleans, dusts, polishes, and moves furniture;
- Maintains equipment assigned in clean and operational condition.
- Wears assigned uniform in clean and neat condition while at work.
- Follows safe practices and wear safety equipment assigned by the Housekeeping/Facilities departments and reports safety hazard/out of order items.
- Assures energy conservation by ensuring all non-necessary lights are turned off (classrooms, offices, etc.).
- Works from standard practices and policies reporting to his/her supervisor with questionable cases.
- Moves furniture occasionally and assists with work order assignments to include moving chairs, tables, computer equipment, stage, floor pieces, platforms, etc., often involving heavy lifting.
- Attends required training and monthly meetings.
- Provides support to the University duplicating and mail centers.
- Assists with recycle program to include empties paper recycling bins, waste baskets, and trash boxes;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred;
- 1 year of work experience preferred; experience in housekeeping, hospitality, cleaning services, is desirable.
- Must clear and maintain a favorable background investigation and clearance
- Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Must have the ability to demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English; must have ability to read written instructions, warning labels, SDS Sheets in English, etc.
- Must possess legible handwriting, possess eyesight in both eyes corrected to 20/20 and normal hearing ability (may be corrected); must successfully pass a PIPIC test for color blindness.
- Must be able to successfully handle frustrating conditions such as limits on time and limited access to equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and display good judgment when providing customer service.
- Able to carry 50 pounds up and down stairs
- Frequent standing, kneeling/squatting, bending/ stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladder/scaffolding, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching; frequent driving; frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment
- Frequent exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment
- Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, inclement weather, insects, dust, toxic chemicals and fumes, noise, vibration, and electrical hazards; work around gas lines; work around machinery with moving parts; may work in tight or enclosed spaces; may work alone; may work irregular hours
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
St. Mary's University is a Hispanic-Serving Institution and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages all qualified candidates apply.