- 27-Jul-2020 to Until Filled (CST)
- Housekeeping Services
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
Competitive Pay; Generous vacation, sick, & holiday benefits; Excellent health & welfare benefits with 100% tuition assistance available.
The position supervises housekeepers, assuring acceptable production of work with quality of service, while promoting safety and maintaining harmonious relations with customers and staff. The crewleader will assist as required to assure timely completion of tasks assigned to the crew.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees safe operations of equipment, reporting necessary repairs as needed.
- Plans and directs the work of housekeepers according to standard procedures.
- Plans and conducts monthly training on standards of performance and safety.
- Determines and interprets work procedures to assure timely completion of work assignments.
- Promotes safety by providing and/or organizing training.
- Assures housekeepers have the necessary safety equipment and tools provided by the University for the completion of housekeeping services.
- Requests supplies and equipment to assure completion of housekeeping services.
- Reports facility maintenance and repair requirements to work order clerk.
- Assures the housekeepers wear assigned uniforms and safety equipment.
- Inspects buildings on a scheduled and non-scheduled basis and reports all maintenance issues to work order clerk
- Manages all payroll related information related to designated staff including the approval of scheduled leave.
- Creates and administers yearly performance evaluations.
- Works from policies and standard practices; Refers complex issues to leadership.
- Carries a pager for after hour emergency calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year experience in a supervisory position
- Fluent in writing and speaking English.
- Able to meet short deadlines and maintain quality and safety standards
- Must possess a basic understanding of Windows and IOS operating systems
- Must clear and maintain a favorable background investigation and clearance
- Must maintain a valid driver's license, motor vehicle liability insurance and personal injury insurance, and complete the University Van Driver Training within 90 days of employment date.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to successfully handle frustrating conditions such as limits on time, limited access to equipment, and dealing with uncomfortable customers.
- Able to carry 80 pounds up and down stairs
- Frequent standing, kneeling/squatting, bending/ stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladder/scaffolding, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching; frequent driving
- Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, insects, dust, toxic chemicals and fumes, noise, vibration, and electrical hazards; workaround gas lines; work around machinery with moving parts; may work in tight or enclosed spaces; may work alone; may work irregular hours
St. Mary's University is a Hispanic-Serving Institution and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages all qualified candidates apply.