This person will be supporting the procurement area on the administrative related tasks. They will work closely with procurement and operations teams, to facilitate the communication with Vendors and Accounts payable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned as required.
- Process purchase orders via the procurement system (Ariba and SAP), manage inquiries, expediting and status reviews.
- Support the maintenance of Departmental (KPI's) key performance indicators
- Preparation and coordination of all aspects of bidding process for RF's (e.g. Request for Proposal, Request for Information, Request for Quote).
- Responsible for ensuring vendor communication and vendor performance is adhere to Operations requirements
- Support development and maintenance of procurement processes and procedures between all stake holders in the business (Operations, Procurement, and Accounts Payable). Manage and support regulatory and compliance requirements (e.g. Spend Analysis, Client Relationships, and Supplier Performance). Manage reporting of Procurement performance metrics. Reconcile invoices to purchase order to ensure correct pricing /quantity. Proactively communicate with staff and suppliers regarding agreements, PO's, ordering, pricing, service level compliance, product availability, policy/guidelines and resolving related purchasing issues.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from an accredited College or University and/or three to five years related experience and/or training/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have extensive Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Negotiation, Cost Analysis, Vendor Relationships, as well as accounting terms and concepts and maintenance operations.
- Understanding of concrete/construction industry will be preferred.
- Awareness of procurement processes, accounts payables, and receiving functions will be preferred.
- Should be a keen learner.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- A flexible and adaptable team player who is service oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with superior organizational and analytical abilities