Must possess Millwright certification from an accredited school or organization.
Millwrights are responsible for inspecting, repairing, replacing, installing, and adjusting mechanical equipment throughout the plant and facilities. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Promote a safe work environment and by actively participating in all plant safety programs
- Complete work orders in a timely fashion
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new ore repaired parts
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment
- Operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts
- Work from blueprints, equipment manuals, sketches, or detailed instructions
- Perform scheduled maintenance inspections
- Construct and erect such items as concrete forms, shoring, scaffolding, guards, etc.
- Install and repair plant plumbing facilities
- Perform housekeeping tasks when necessary
- Give assistance in resolving work problems
- Operate mobile equipment if necessary