- 18-Oct-2021 to 31-Dec-2021 (MST)
- Steel Girder
- Coolidge, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, PTO, Profit Sharing, 401k, Identity Theft Protection
Stinger Bridge & Iron, an AISC certified structural steel fabricator and PCI certified precast concrete girder fabricator and erection contractor. Stinger focuses primarily on the Southwestern Bridge and Highway market, specializing in bridge projects. Stinger fabricates in its Coolidge, Arizona facility located south of the Phoenix/Chandler/Gilbert area and erects work in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Colorado. For additional information about our company visit our website at www.stingerbridgeandiron.com
Stinger Bridge & Iron is seeking Welders/Fitters. The Welder/Fitter is a safety sensitive position that will perform layout and fit up from blueprints.
- Perform layout and fit up from blueprints, fillet, and Fillet PJP CJP welds.
- Utilize Dual Shield, MIG, SMAW and Sub-Arc procedures.
- Weld preparation and clean up.
- Cut, cope, drill and otherwise fabricate parts from blueptints.
- General knowledge of fabrication and erection standards and procedures.
- General knowledge of AISC standards and AWS D1.1 and D1.5 codes a plus.
- Proven ability to read and interpret shop and design blueprint drawings.
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) experience is required.
- Ability to certify with any process in any position.
- Ability to carbon arc.
- Ability to read blueprints including AWS weld symbols.
- Ability to lead a crew of fabricators.
- Must be able to move shop equipment and material throughout shop.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 Ibs.
Stinger Bridge & Iron is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request it. This email is only to request an accommodation to the application process and is not an email to inquire about your application status.