- 22-Jan-2021 to 23-Oct-2022 (EST)
- Superior, CO, USA
- Full Time
Interior Design Assistant/Showroom Coordinator
L & J. G. Stickley, Inc. (Stickley) is a vertically integrated American furniture manufacturer and retailer, with brands that are respected and cherished worldwide. Operating for over 115 years in furniture manufacturing, and more than 90 years as a furniture retailer, Stickley (www.stickley.com) is the proud employer of nearly 1,500 talented individuals. We have three manufacturing facilities, multiple corporate-owned retail showrooms, and a global distribution network.
The Showroom Coordinator/Design Assistant provides a high level of service to Stickley Audi customers and staff as an integral team member who supports daily business. As the first point of contact for all Stickley Audi customers, the Showroom Coordinator/Design Assistant ensures customer satisfaction by greeting clients, maintaining the Showroom Designer rotation, and by completing both administrative and design related tasks. The Showroom Coordinator/Interior Design Assistant will find themselves working in both administrative and creative capacities including contributing to the visual presentation of the showroom. The individual plays a central role in daily operations of Stickley Audi retail stores and the sale of home furnishings and interior design services.
- Experience or background in interior design (or related industry).
- Current knowledge of trends in interior design and/or fashion is a must.
- Proficient skills (or the willingness to learn) in AutoCAD, Revit or room-planner software is strongly preferred.
- Ability to assist in providing in-home consultations, floor/space planning, client presentations, and the coordination of colors, finishes, and fabrics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential to success.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel) and knowledge of software tools and multi-line phones systems are required.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task while providing superior customer service with attention to detail in administrative duties is vital to success.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Ability to work retail hours including nights and weekends as required.
- Responsible for being the first point-of-contact for all showroom guests and entrusted to welcome and facilitate the Showroom Designer rotation for new showroom clients.
- Process administrative tasks including, but not limited to: light record keeping and accounting, computer order entry, processing customer payments, logging client foot-traffic into the showroom, and operating a multi-line phone system by answering all incoming calls to ensure quality customer care and proper flow of communication.
- Participate in interior design functions as needed including, but not limited to: design assistance including drafting floor plans, accompanying design staff on in-home consultations, assisting merchandising team with showroom display and presentation, sales tools and sample library upkeep, handling over-flow customer traffic during peak times, and fabric and finish coordination.
- Participate in showroom operational functions as needed including, but not limited to: interacting with corporate departments, tagging, order entry, wrapping accessories, participating in vendor training to maintain product knowledge, inventory management, and full utilization of inventory management/tracking systems.
- Display a professional attitude and represent Stickley Audi & Co. with integrity and professionalism while working with customers, showroom employees and various corporate team members.
- Report to the Showroom Manager for direction, support, and coaching. Effectively communicate all operational, merchandise, and client concerns to the appropriate parties.
Benefits We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) Program. This program allows employees to take time off for rest and relaxation as well as to care for themselves and their family members.
- Paid Holidays
- Group health, prescription drug, dental insurance coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible spending account
- Generous employee discount