- 07-Oct-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- St Helens, OR, USA
- $3,414 (Step 1) to $4,147 (Step 5)
- Full Time
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, PERS retirement, HRA Veba, vacation and sick leave, longevity pay, 13 paid holidays, Employee Assistance Program, and more
The City of St. Helens is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Library Technician (Makerspace Specialist). This position is full-time term-limited for a period of two years from official hire date. This position performs paraprofessional duties within the Library requiring knowledge of library operations, programs, and procedures, including makerspace equipment and software, public programs, technology instruction, community building, and outreach.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated success in working with people from many ages, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm, courteous, and solutions-focused in stressful situations.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Commitment to public service and community.
- Enthusiasm for learning new things, a flexible approach, and an orientation to mistakes as opportunities to learn and innovate.
- Ability to adhere to safety and confidentiality policies.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment while upholding high integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, often with overlapping or time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must obtain valid CPR/First Aid Card as offered.
- Previous experience with makerspace technologies, coding, and/or digital design or creation tools.
- Previous experience in community education, especially nonformal or self-directed learning.
- Previous public library experience.
- Spanish language fluency.
Please see job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and requirements.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full-time term-limited for a period of two years from official hire date
- Salary: $3,414 (Step 1) to $4,147 (Step 5)
- Excellent benefits package
- This is a union covered position
- 40 hours per week; the schedule may vary from week to week but is typically five 8-hour shifts to support the Library's public service hours (10-7 Monday through Thursday, 9-5 Friday, and 9-2 Saturday) with an unpaid half-hour lunch. Evening and weekend work required.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a background check.
The City of St. Helens is an equal opportunity employer.