- Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Full Time
Immediate position available for a Concrete Superintendent located in the Milwaukee area to lead our growing project base and concrete crews.
The Concrete Superintendent will partner closely with the Project Superintendent and Concrete Foreman and oversee the flow of materials, concrete, deliveries, equipment, and safety planning.
- Review and interpret blueprints/shop drawings and other project documents with the project team to formulate an approach.
- Assist in the development of a detailed project schedule as a whole.
- Plan and schedule concrete pours, coordinating manpower, reinforcing steel, and concrete accessories.
- Pre-plan pump set up and placement prior to the arrival of concrete.
- Coordinate delivery of concrete and placing methods.
- Manage site work and logistics efficiently, identifying opportunities for performance improvement and process redesign.
- Accurately document project progress/work situations, to ensure the company has proper documentation and record keeping.
- Strong leadership, communication, problem solving, initiative, and teamwork skills.
- Coach, mentor, and train field personnel.
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills.
- Provide leadership in safety and quality.
- Detail oriented.
- Minimum of five years' concrete supervisory experience with projects valued more than $500,000.
- Experience with contracts, work scopes, purchase orders, and construction safety standards.
- Must be able to calculate and order concrete.
- Must understand add mixtures and rebar.
- Must be skilled at reading plans.
- Must be able to use math calculations to solve concrete problems.
Organization Skills Flexibility
Good Judgment Adaptability
Communication Skills Time Management
Attention to Detail Attentive Listener
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels.
Ability to follow policy and procedures.
Ability to exercise independent judgment.
Ability to function in a high paced environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer