- Finance & Administration
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Payroll and Disbursement Manager
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Payroll and Disbursement. The Payroll and Disbursement oversees the Payroll and Accounts Payable functions of the university. In this key role, this individual will direct and manage all transactions and operational activities which include accounts payable, travel and expense program, University banking card program, and payroll. Ensure outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
For consideration, a Bachelor's degree in any financial discipline (accounting, business, etc.) or eight years of work experience in related field. Experience working in central office position at an educational institution, hospital, or similar campus environment; Banner experience a plus. Demonstrated knowledge of disbursement regulations and reporting requirements (W2, 941, 1099, 1042S, Sales and Use tax, etc.). Experience in working collaboratively and effectively with widely diverse constituent groups. Strong organizational skills; ability to work under minimal supervision and make independent decisions. Experience with procurement processes and applicable state laws in Texas. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and maintain positive working relationships. Must have an unencumbered Texas driver's license and be insurable by university insurance carrier. Ability to comply with workplace guidelines and attendance requirements. Must have the ability to pass a criminal background check.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the university's disbursement functions including accounts payable, travel and expense program, university banking card program, payroll, and payroll operations support team.
- Select, hire, train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance and development.
- Manage tax compliance within the disbursement function including W-2s, 1099s, 1042s, and 941s and related reporting requirements.
- Assist with audits to ensure complete, timely and accurate responses to information requests.
- Establish and maintain financial controls within the department.
- Manage month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial closings to meet federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Create an environment that fosters process efficient and effectiveness though encouraging ideas for process change.
- Takes initiative to assist with training the University community on policies and procedures.
- Analyzes, evaluates, designs and implements automated process systems and enhancements to improve disbursement services.
- Analyze extraordinary disbursement problems to determine compliant solutions.
- Reconciles and prepare reports and risk analysis of general ledger liability and expense accounts for payroll, accounts payable, and University banking card program.
- Contribute to the development and ongoing maintenance of University disbursement policies and procedures and assists with communication and enforcement of those policies.
- Serve as backup for accounts payable and payroll processing.
- Manage the reporting and general ledger recording of sales and use tax and unclaimed property for the University.
- Other job-duties as assigned.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020348
with our quick 3 minute Application!