- EINS - Enterprise Info System
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Senior Enterprise Applications Administrator
Enterprise Information Systems
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Senior Enterprise Applications Administrator. This position provides technical support for the analysis, development, installation, administration, and maintenance of mission critical enterprise systems, databases, and middleware applications. Using a collaborative approach, this individual will execute application integration strategies, while learning new technologies, to best serve the University.
Essential Responsibility include:
- Provide application administration support, especially system and software upgrades, primarily for enterprise CRM or ERP systems and as a backup for other applications and databases.
- Evaluate, testing, and implementing new or upgraded Perform system and database upgrades.
- Assist in the evolution and development of enterprise applications, data
- Implement application architecture including, but not limited to leading or contributing to discussions about release processes and management; application access, user provisioning and deprovisioning; and overall application strategy.
- Contribute to the departmental understanding of industry enterprise and middleware software trends and standards to improve the simplicity, maintainability and reusability of enterprise and middleware software and to align with vendor software roadmaps.
- Perform proofs of concept and evaluate new candidate technologies to ensure that they integrate with existing software and systems per the university's Technology Selection Policy.
- Support and use integration tools allowing for the seamless transmission of data from disparate systems, both for operational and reporting purposes.
- Perform complex systems/software analysis; conduct application, system, and code walkthroughs; implement and maintain highly reliable, available, secure software.
- Build, refine and execute an identity and access architecture for CRM, ERP or other software allowing for flexibility in granting and maintaining permissions enabling access based on user and use case.
- Automate system configuration processes using standard configuration management
- Build, refine, and execute CI/CD procedures as well as backup and restore procedures to ensure system stability and business continuity.
- Perform load testing as well as other application testing to ensure reliable and robust
- Monitor and troubleshoot
- Other duties as
Required Qualification: Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or other information technology field, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. Four years' experience administering a SQL-capable database and in the use of SQL statements. Four years' experience administering large software applications/application platforms with various operating systems. Experience with standard integration platforms, such as Dell Boomi, and REST APIs. Experience with complex system permissions. Must possess the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience as an application administrator of enterprise CRM or ERP software such as Salesforce or Ellucian's Banner. Experience administering Linux systems, including shell scripting. Specific experience administering Microsoft SQL Server databases. Experience with automated system configuration. Experience with object-oriented programming. Experience working in higher education with an understanding of higher education business practices.
- Install, configure, document, and support enterprise-wide software
- Recommend improvements to architecture, release processes, and other procedures as allowing software applications to adapt to changing university needs.
- Assure coordination of OIT resources by communicating with the OIT Help Desk and User Services to inform them of problems and resolutions.
- Assure the security of the system by ensuring the use of industry-standard security
- Help to ensure the availability of computer resources by assisting with disaster prevention and recovery efforts caused by events like power outages, hardware failures, etc.
- Ability to handle highly confidential material, understanding that all University information should only be disclosed to others who have a need to know, for legitimate business reasons. Ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, attend professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and is self-motivated to stay current with emerging
- Demonstrated ability and interest in growth and learning new
- Ability to accept supervision, assignments, change and
- Proven effectiveness in dealing with a wide range of professionals, staff, and administrators.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Able to manage competing demands and to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Able to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of continuity
- Carry out all responsibilities and objectives in a professional
- Accept and render constructive criticism in a professional
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds in accordance with the Holy Cross Mission.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures established by Edward's University.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020325
with our quick 3 minute Application!