- Finance & Administration
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Director of University Budgets and Financial Planning
Finance & Admin
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Director of University Budgets. The Director of University Budgets plays a critical leadership role in organizing, administering, monitoring, and analyzing the institutional operating budget. The incumbent will actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement for the university's budget processes, models and reporting infrastructure including facilitating utilization of Business Intelligence tools in evaluating financial opportunities and challenges. The incumbent designs and implements budget reports; assists in the preparation of financial analyses and presentations for senior leadership, department managers, Board of Trustees, and other internal and external stakeholders.
For this position, the qualifications include A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related business field is required, as well as five years of progressively comprehensive financial planning responsibility in a complex organization. An MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus. Proficiency in MS Excel is required, experience using Banner, Tableau, and Argos is desired. Proven ability to work independently. Must possess an unencumbered driver's license and the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Manage annual budget development process.
- Prepares information to be presented at Budget Council meetings.
- Coordinate with division leaders to accumulate annual budget requests.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a multi-year financial plan in alignment with the University's strategic plan.
- Participates in the development of key budget and long-range planning assumptions.
- Develops and monitors the a position management process to project personnel expenditures timelier and accurately to assist management with optimizing personnel expenditures.
- Provide leadership and support for Associate VP for Finance in establishing and maintaining automated budget and analytic reporting using available business intelligence tools.
- Advises and trains campus, school and departmental staff on the use of budget and resource planning standards.
- Recommends changes to the budget allocation process to help ensure that scarce resources are allocated to the University's strategic goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have the ability to exercise and apply sound judgment and decision-making skills as well as the ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of data.
- to quickly learn new technology and is self-motivated to stay current with emerging technologies.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adapt to change in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to accept supervision, assignments, change and correction.
- Proven effectiveness in dealing with a wide range of professionals, staff, and administrators.
- Ability to balance priorities to accomplish assigned tasks within the required time frame and be able to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of continuity.
- Engage in meaningful and intentional professional development appropriate for areas of responsibility and actively engage in personal and campus well-being initiatives.
- Carry out all responsibilities and objectives in professional manner.
- Accept and render constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures established by St. Edwards University.
This is an exempt position and your expected work schedule is Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee your schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening, and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
The expectations listed below are representative of the abilities that may be needed to fulfil duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical strength/endurance to enable them to perform/participate in the following activities:
- Physically able to lift various materials up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- While performing required job tasks, physically able to bend, crouch and reach continuously.
- While performing required job tasks, physically able to climb stairs, ladders or scaffolding as necessary.
- While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain seated, frequently to continuously.
- Possesses abilities required to perform typing, operate a computer and other office equipment, to perform filing, and related job responsibilities and attention to detail competence.
- Physically able to spend significant time reading both on paper and on a computer.
- Ability to travel by car and plane for University business.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020312
with our quick 3 minute Application!