- EINS - Enterprise Info System
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Enterprise Systems and Middleware Manager
Enterprise Information Systems
The Enterprise Systems and Middleware Manager is a member of the Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) management team who works strategically and operationally to plan, execute, and maintain critical software systems and processes that directly interface with our constituents. Leads a team of middleware analysts, application administrators, and database administrators and, along with the team, is responsible for providing technical support for the analysis, development, installation, administration, and maintenance of mission critical enterprise systems, databases, and middleware applications. Using a collaborative approach, ensures application uptime, plans downtime for system changes and upgrades, responds effectively to unplanned downtime while regularly evaluating and mitigating risk to reduce unplanned downtime, executes vendor-delivered integrations, and supports a team of professionals in doing the same.
For consideration, (QUALIFICATION)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or other information technology field, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Four years of experience administering a SQL-capable database and in the use of SQL statements.
- Experience as an application administrator of enterprise CRM or ERP software such as Salesforce or Ellucian's Banner
- Experience administering large software applications/application platforms with various operating systems
- Experience with standard integration platforms, such as Dell Boomi, and REST APIs. Experience administering Linux systems, including shell scripting, is a plus.
- Experience with cloud storage/cloud computing, such as AWS, a plus
- Ability to guide and mentor a technical team
- Ability to assist in project and task prioritization considering multiple complex factors such as timing, available staff, business value, business need, university initiates, and divisional goals
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Manage enterprise software application administration and champion related best practices.
- Supervise, manage, and mentor the middleware team in pursuit of organizational and university goals.
- Ensure appropriate testing, robustness, and monitoring of enterprise software.
- Coordinate team response to service interruptions.
- Provide application administration support, including, system, software, and database upgrades, primarily for enterprise CRM or ERP systems and as a backup for other applications .
- Collaborate in evaluating, testing, and implementing new or upgraded software.
- Perform proofs of concept and evaluate new candidate technologies to ensure that they integrate with existing software and systems per the university's Technology Selection Policy.
- Support and use integration tools and API endpoints, allowing for the seamless transmission of data from disparate systems.
- Perform complex systems/software analysis; conduct application, system, and code walkthroughs; implement and maintain highly reliable, available, secure software.
- Serve as the technical authority for standards and practices related to application administration while accepting recommendations from other team members.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020296
with our quick 3 minute Application!