- Student Success Center
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Student Engagement and Communications Coordinator
Student Success Center
St. Edward's University is seeking a knowledgeable and innovative Student Engagement and Communications Coordinator for the Student Success Center. The Student Engagement and Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing, writing, and distributing print, digital and social media content that follows content strategy best practices, communicates key Student Success Center brand and strategic plan messages, and fulfills the Center's communications and marketing strategic goals. In addition, this position provides leadership in developing and implementing small to large scale programming and events in support of students and alumni. This includes coordination of event setup and logistics, while closely collaborating with Student Success Center personnel to develop and execute outreach and communication strategies for internal (students, faculty, staff) and external (employers and graduate/professional school recruiters) stakeholders. The position reports to the Associate Vice President for Student Success.
For consideration, Bachelor's degree or equivalent work-related experience required. A minimum of 2 years of experience in managing digital and social media communication including: planning, content development, analysis and reporting. Minimum of one-year experience in professional event management; recruiting, employer relations or career coaching/advising in a university or industry setting preferred. In depth knowledge of social media platforms, web design and Adobe Creative Suite. Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills required. Knowledge of digital marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels. Working knowledge of Google Analytics. Strong organizational skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team, exhibiting strategic thinking, sound judgment, initiative, and flexibility. Ability to work with a broad range of internal and external constituents including students, employers, alumni, faculty, and staff. Must possess the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Manage day-to-day activities, including writing and creating a wide variety of content, promotions, email communications, and newsletters to promote student retention efforts.
- Cultivate and promote the Student Success Center brand in coordination with the university's Marketing Office and institutional guidelines
- Create marketing/communication plans and editorial calendars for areas and strategic initiative within the Student Success Center.
- Create reports for Student Success Center offices using marketing analytics and engagement measurements to drive student participation.
- Create and maintain content for the division's web pages and social media accounts.
- Serve as primary administrator for the Student Success Center Instagram account.
- Manage the Student Success Center's use of email marketing software through Emma.
- Supervise the Student Success Center's student graphic design staff and interns.
- Responsible for event promotion for each area within the Student Success Center, in coordination with area liaisons and student staff and interns.
- In coordination with the division and university partners, generate, edit, publish and share content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action using available tools.
- Lead efforts to build online engagement, capture and engage new audiences, coordinate campaigns and targeted online outreach programs to promote brand awareness and drive key audiences to the Student Success Center outlets and collaterals.
- Research and recommend new opportunities to enhance the areas social media presence.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Assist with managing the innovative digital for the division.
Student Engagement and Programming
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing strategies for creating/enhancing programming and events for the Student Success Center.
- Serve as primary contact and coordinator of all employer/recruitment activities, including development, marketing and implementation in collaboration with the Career staff.
- Orchestrate and lead all campus employer events in collaboration with the Career staff, including, but not limited to fall and spring career fairs, part-time job fairs, graduate/professional school fairs, and recruitment tabling events.
- Develop and execute outreach and marketing strategy and collateral designed to attract campus recruiting partners.
- Develop and execute outreach and marketing strategy and collateral designed to drive event attendance at Student Success Center events.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data on events/programming and student learning outcomes.
- Become knowledgeable of the university's various programs and majors to identify and develop programming and recruitment events reflective of the diversity of St. Edward's academic offerings
- Other duties as assigned.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage Blue Cross Blue Shield (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental Guardian Dental
Vision Guardian/Davis Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.