- PHPL - Facilities-Custodial
- Austin, TX, USA
Facilities Summer Support (Multiple Positions)
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the positions of Facilities Summer Support. These seasonal, non-benefits eligible positions are expected to begin on May 09, 2022 and last less than 120 days. Successful candidates will clean and care for university buildings and premises as well as move equipment, furniture and setup for classes or special events. Light maintenance support will also be required.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Cleaning of university buildings to include emptying waste containers, cleaning restroom facilities, dusting furniture, walls and ducts, light fixtures, vents, mopping floors, stripping and waxing floors, vacuuming and extracting carpets, dusting and washing windows.
- Complete special housekeeping projects, moving furniture, linens, and support special event preparation.
- Promptly identify and report minor maintenance problems to supervision.
- Re-supply custodial closets and restrooms regularly.
- Light maintenance, such as painting, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to speak English at a level necessary to communicate with coworkers, staff, faculty, and students.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read English at a level necessary to understand safety information contained on MSDS, and cleaning methods used in the normal course and scope of the job.
- Related experience plus the ability to operate the floor machines required.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders to 20 feet and work off a platform lift or scaffold.
- Ability to comply with workplace guidelines and attendance requirements (i.e. emergency cell phone use only).
- Provide verifiable local references.
- Offers made will be conditional to appropriate background screening, including a criminal record check.
Assigned custodial vacuum cleaners, mop and bucket, brooms, squeegee, floor machines such as buffer, automatic scrubber, carpet extractor and small tools for repair.
Work schedules are primarily from (7:30 am - 4:00 pm) - Monday - Friday, however regular schedules may be altered to meet the needs of the university.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Available: May 9, 2022