- ATHL - Athletics
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Director of Sports Information
Department of Athletics
St. Edward's University is seeking a professional, energetic, and motivated self-starter for Director of Sports Information. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Athletics, this position is responsible for the direction of a comprehensive communications program by coordinating sports information, social media initiatives, public relations and marketing for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics with an emphasis on celebrating student-athletes' and coaches' endeavors and accomplishments. St. Edward's University is a member of the NCAA DII and the Lone Star Conference. St. Edward's supports 10 competitive NCAA DII programs and a non-NCAA competitive Esports program. This is a full time, exempt position, with the expectation to work nights and weekends in an overall balanced work week and year.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Two or more years of related work experience. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations as they pertain to athletics communications. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and video editing. An understanding of print and electronic media, to include web site maintenance and social media strategies. Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, creative thinking, communication and written skills. High motivation with a capacity for independent work within the context of an intensely goal-oriented environment. A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success as well as working with broadly diverse communities. An unencumbered driver's license and the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree in Sports Administration, Communication, Recreation Management or Journalism. Four or more years of experience as an Athletics Communications staff member or graduate assistant for a college athletic department or conference office. Two years of supervision. Proficiency in NCAA approved statistical procedures to include StatCrew software and NCAA LiveStats. Experience using Sidearm Sports website provider. Advanced knowledge and understanding of various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Experience communicating institutional messages to the public through external media web and social media channels.
- Coordinate the following for each of the sport programs:
- Game day statistics (gather, maintain, report to conference, NCAA, etc.), broadcast productions, programs, photography, etc.
- Promotion of attendance in collaboration with the assistant athletics director of operations
- Content for social media and other video purposes (weekly video highlights, end of year highlights etc.)
- Nominations for honors and awards for student-athletes and coaches
- Game notes and press release for each contest, award, community service event, etc. and pitch news stories to media
- Respond to and manage media requests, interviews, news conferences and photo sessions.
- Maintain historical records, statistics and photographs among other important department information
- Travel to post season tournaments
- Manage home event web stream broadcasts; operating and staffing
- Provide event coverage and game-day management functions
- Provide oversight of the athletics web site
- Develop and manage social media strategy for the university's athletics programs
- Create and maintain a social media calendar for both short-term initiatives and long-term campaigns
- Oversee writing, producing, and editing digital audio and video promotional material and devise best practices for incorporating a multimedia presence into SEU Athletics' social media platforms
- Manage and maintain monitoring and analytics systems to track social media engagement and results
- Oversee St. Edward's multimedia platforms - develop and execute video content including game highlights, feature stories, season previews and other content
- Maintain athletic photography image bank
- Provide media coverage for athletics department events not specific to a particular sport program
- Serve as official spokesperson for the university's athletics programs
- Coordinate media and public relations efforts for the university's athletics programs
- Serve as the direct liaison between Athletics and the University Marketing and Communications offices
- Knowledge of grammar, composition, and AP style
- Oversee licensure of university athletics marks - diligently promote, enhance and protect the brand reputation
- Work collaboratively in the planning and preparation of the Athletics Hall of Fame selection process through data collection, management of nominee list and annual selection
- Hire and supervise student worker / intern staff (undergraduate and graduate)
- Work actively toward accomplishing the University long range plan and serve on campus-wide committees
- Other duties as assigned
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, 3-5 samples of creative assets, and three employment references. Applications will not be considered if missing any of these items.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202016855