- Academic Counseling & Exploration
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Academic Success Coach
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Academic Success Coach. Academic Success Coaches currently serve all types undergraduate students: first-year, transfer, continuing & reentering students. As a member of a larger staff, the Success Coach supports student development in the Holy Cross tradition. The Success Coach provides customized, holistic, and proactive academic advising and case-management services to positively influence the student's experience, as well as student retention, persistence, graduation rates, and post-graduation opportunities.
FOR CONSIDERATION: Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred. Experience in higher education to include; admissions, student affairs, advising, counseling or related areas required. Experience in student mentoring, tutoring, supplemental instruction, freshman transition issues, and working with students with academic challenges. Must possess the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Coach and advise students throughout their undergraduate experience in conjunction with their faculty advisor/mentor.
- Advise students individually and/or in groups regarding general education requirements, appropriate class selection, degree requirements campus resources, academic policies and procedures.
- Develop supportive, proactive relationships that allow the coach to challenge, support and counsel the student, as the main point of contact for them as they navigate college life at the institution.
- Provide a trusting relationship where students can share their thoughts, aspirations, concerns, and interests. Provide students with the available resources to aid with their academic success
- Maintain connections with faculty and staff across campus, especially, but not limited to the Student Success Center, Undergraduate Admissions, Student Financial Services, Residence Life.
- Enhance relationships with students, staff and faculty to support enrollment, persistence and success. Support students by helping them achieve their goals and invest in themselves.
Administrative & Retention
- Monitor the success and progress of each student in the cohort and provide pertinent student services and information to the retention team as needed.
- Manage caseload of students year-round, including but not limited to: creation and maintenance of individualized degree plans, detailed notes both for degree planning and coaching, tracking retention and persistence predictions for students.
- Assist in the planning, creation, expansion, implementation, and evaluation of the Academic Success Coach program.
- Coordinate and execute student programming related to student success for members of the cohort.
- Ability to balance priorities to accomplish assigned tasks within the required time frame and be able to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of continuity.
- Ability to handle highly confidential material, complying with FERPA. Have the ability to exercise and apply sound judgment and decision-making skills as well as the ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Support enrollment, student development and retention services while ensuring high-quality learning.
Other duties as assigned.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202016852