- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Weekend Custodian. Successful candidates will clean and care for university buildings and premises as well as move equipment, furniture, and set up for classes or special events.
Essential Responsibilities Include
- Cleaning of university buildings to include emptying waste containers; cleaning restroom facilities; vacuuming and extracting carpet; mopping, stripping, and waxing floors; dusting and washing windows.
- Transport waste and recycling from assigned buildings to a central collection.
- Relocate furnishings and equipment and support special events preparation.
- Promptly identify and report minor maintenance problems to the Physical Plant office.
- Re-supply custodial closets and restrooms regularly.
- Perform other related duties as required.
For Consideration, Minimum of one year custodial experience. High school graduate or GED preferred. Related experience plus the ability to operate floor machines required. Must be able to carry objects (up to 50 pounds) climb stairs and ladders up to 20 feet, and work off a platform lift or scaffold. Must be able to verbally communicate in English at a level to effectively communicate with coworkers, staff, and faculty. Must also be able to read English at a level necessary to understand safety information contained in MSDS's as well as training materials for products, equipment and cleaning methods. Ability to comply with safety policies, workplace guidelines and attendance requirements. Must have a valid Texas driver's license and be insurable by university carrier. Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required. Verifiable local references.
Days of the week: Saturday Wednesday. Scheduled hours are typically 10:30am 7:00pm or 6:00am 2:30pm. However, applicants must be flexible as regular schedules may be altered to meet the needs of the university.
Assigned custodial vehicles, vacuum cleaner, mop and bucket, brooms, squeegee, floor machines such as buffer, automatic scrubber and carpet extractor, and small tools for repairs.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202096