- School of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Austin, TX, USA
- Part Time
Adjunct Faculty, Behavioral and Social Science
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the positions of Adjunct Faculty, Behavioral and Social Science. The School of Behavioural and Social Sciences seeks applications for adjunct instructors for the 2021-2022 academic year. Specific assignments vary according to department needs each semester.
- History, particularly Latin America
- Criminal Justice
- Environmental Science & Policy
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and teach in one of the fields listed above according to the learning objectives set forth by the department. Modality is primarily face-to-face with some flexible options.
- Evaluate student progress and provide clear, timely feedback.
- Provide culturally responsive teaching and mentoring services to a diverse body.
- Utilize the university's learning management system (Canvas). Training is available.
- Maintain professional standards and comply with all policies and procedures of the department, school, and university.
For consideration, a Master's degree in a field appropriate to course content. Some instructional experience. Doctoral degree in a field appropriate to course content preferred. Experience with teaching in higher education preferred. Must possess the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. No Calls Please.
For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.