- East Lansing, MI, USA
- Undergraduate Student Employment
- The multimedia manager is responsible for guiding The State News' video and audio content. Daily tasks include guiding videographers, podcasters, and photographers through projects and acting as a bridge between them and newsroom leadership.
- The podcast coordinator is responsible for telling audio stories related to MSU's campus, the city of East Lansing and MSU's sports. The producer's main task is to coordinate and develop podcasts through collaborating with the multimedia editor, reporters and other newsroom staffers.
- Manages and coordinates The State News' various podcasts.
- Works with the multimedia manager to set deadlines throughout the podcast production process, including when scripts need to be submitted, when podcast episodes need to be recorded, when podcasts need to be engineered, etc.
- Each videographer will be assigned a specific content desk (campus, city, culture, sports) to connect with alongside their personal video projects.
- Shoots at least two videos per week related to MSU's campus, the city of East Lansing and/or MSU's sports. These videos can be event-related, more features oriented or long-form.
- Shoots at least one video to compliment a reporter's written story, coordinating with said reporter to understand the angle and meet with sources.
- Shoots at least two assignments a week related to MSU's campus, the city of East Lansing and/or MSU's sports.
- Works to find the most engaging and interesting stories while finding the most engaging, interesting and interactive ways to tell these stories in print and on the web.
- Coordinates visual coverage with reporters to ensure proper coverage.
The State News https://statenews.applicantpro.com