Audience engagement editor
The audience engagement editor is responsible for consistently elevating The State News' social media and community presence. This desk editor serves as the point-person on everything social media.
- Ensures the Social Media Content creators maintain The State News' social media accounts with updated and relevant material.
- Develops strategies to build The State News' brand and engage with readers both online and in person and delegating said strategies to the content creators.
- Works to schedule and post organic content across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok and other social media platforms.
Social media content creator
The social media content creator is responsible for consistently elevating The State News' social media and community presence.
- Works with the audience engagement editor and others on the desk to schedule and post content across Facebook, Twitter, sports Twitter when applicable, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Craft effective social media messages that engage The State News audience in innovative ways utilizing platform-specific functions.
- Works with the audience engagement editor to suggest content for the daily newsletter recapping that day's online journalism.
- Use Parse.ly, Google Analytics and Facebook/Twitter/Instagram analytics to inform social media strategy, including posting times, types of content, etc.