- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
Medical – BCBS PPO, Dental – BCB; Vision – VSP; 401K with immediate vesting and 6% match; Life, AD/D, STD & LTD – Hartford, Supplemental Life; PTO and Federal Holidays; Professional Development and Education Reimbursement; Merit Bonus Opportunities
Systems Technology and Research, Inc. (STaR) is seeking a Software Engineer in the Huntsville, AL area supporting Army Aviation. Candidates should be highly motivated, a self-starter and be able to handle multiple tasks. Candidates will participate in activities to ensure on time implementation deliverables are met including day-to-day planning and coordination with testers, other developers, project managers and business representatives.
A Bachelor of Science degree is preferred with at least 10 years of professional experience and 8 years of direct experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, design patterns)
- Self-driven, customer focused performer
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance; Interim Secret is required to begin work
- Experience working on DoD development programs
- Serve as an embedded software engineer for an Army Aviation Program Manage Office (PMO).
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to provide Software Engineering support to assist in program planning, development, and sustainment activities on engineering efforts.
- Support, ensure successful utilization, and defend the PEO Aviation and Army Aviation PMO MOSA and MBSE strategies, processes, and development techniques.
- Represent the Product Office in technical reviews as required to accomplish the mission to include System Requirements Reviews (SRRs), In-Process Reviews, (IPRs), Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs), Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), and Safety Review Boards associated with systems engineering activities.
- Support development and integration oversight of aircraft and ground mission computer products.
- Support and execute software integration processes of systems, subsystems, and components for Army Aviation systems.
- Preform the analysis of software requirements to ensure bi-directional traceability and completeness.
- Present high-level technical briefings on development and integration efforts to senior leadership.
- Capture and resolve action items to provide solutions in the areas of cost, schedule, performance, and processes associated with the day-to-day project execution.
- Participates in team and program planning events to achieve alignment.