- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
Medical – BCBS PPO, Dental – BCB; Vision – VSP; 401K with immediate vesting and 6% match; Life, AD/D, STD & LTD – Hartford, Supplemental Life; PTO and Federal Holidays; Professional Development and Education Reimbursement; Merit Bonus Opportunities
Systems Technology & Research, Inc. (STaR) is searching for an Acquisition Support Analyst to support an Aviation Project Office located at Redstone Arsenal, AL. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing advice in strategic planning, acquisition strategy development, and development of key acquisition documentation to support acquisition strategy approval and execution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Position requires acquisition support for several major areas to include:
- Develop reports, information papers, decision papers, and briefings for senior leadership based on fused data from multiple sources
- Staff acquisition documentation through leadership for approval
- Support executive leadership reviews and provide critical analysis for the Business Management Division for Acquisition and other Department of the Army staff
- Interpret acquisition guidance and support acquisition planning and program integration
- Review and provide analysis on various acquisition documents and products
- Develop and prepare acquisition documentation to support activities to plan, coordinate and execute reviews of acquisition policy and documentation; daily, weekly, and monthly status updates and reports; and activities to develop and manage electronic tools used to create, store, retrieve and manage documents
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of experience in Department of the Army, Department of Defense, or other similar organizations in Program Integration, Acquisition, Budget, and/or Program Management
- Active DoD security clearance or the ability to obtain
- Sound knowledge of system acquisition concepts, theories, principles, and standards
- Experience with weapon system acquisition programs, entire acquisition lifecycle process, governing laws, regulations, and precedents
- Experience analyzing acquisition and program management products such as acquisition strategies and plans, program execution data and contract attributes (e.g., contract type, contract structure, and award)
- Experience with budget and appropriation processes, President's Budget Request (PBR), Program Objectives Memorandum (POM), President's Budget (PB) and 1-N lists
- Working knowledge of applicable DoD acquisition directives to support the development of weapon system acquisition policy, plans, processes, procedures, and guidance for development and fielding
- Working knowledge of capability-based acquisition and experience with Acquisition Strategy Panels and/or Boards and acquisition baselines are desired
- Staff action officer experience preferred to understand and anticipate requirements.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Systems Technology & Research, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. For more information go to U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.