Systems Technology & Research, Inc. (STaR) is searching for a Software Architect to support an Aviation Project Office located at Redstone Arsenal, AL. The successful candidate will be responsible for applying their knowledge and experience with software design and architecture to an aviation weapon systems platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline and 10 years of direct experience in aviation engineering/integration activities
- Must have an active DoD security clearance or ability to obtain.
- Direct and relevant experience with RTCA/DO-178C processes and procedures including experience with Real Time Operating Systems for Safety Critical Design Assurance Level Software
- Direct and relevant experience with RTCA/DO-297 tailored for Army Aviation Modular Avionics Systems
- Must have in depth experience with Modular Open Systems Architecture (MOSA) and Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) definition and architecture approaches for compliance with Army long term vision/requirements
- Experience with Model-based code generation tools and certification aspects associated with the toolsets
- Provides strategy and expertise for emerging compliancy requirements in systems architecture
- Participate in the development of software artifacts in support of airworthiness analysis and certification.
- Conduct systems engineering activities in support of the development of software intensive aviation components and applications
- Assists the customer in coordinating and briefing project information as well as assisting the customer in solutioning based on specified customer requests
- Develops/maintains tracking techniques to monitor program execution, using existing information and reporting systems
- Manages contractual software requirements to ensure successful contract performance for multiple contract vehicles
- Provides oversight and expertise for DO-178C related audits and artifacts
Required Travel: 20%
Systems Technology & Research, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. For more information go to U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.