Systems Technology & Research, Inc. (STaR) is seeking a Cost Analyst in the Huntsville, AL area to support an Army Aviation Project Office located at Redstone Arsenal, AL. The successful candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter capable of managing multiple tasks and efforts. Responsibilities include but are not limited to taking part in an integrated cost analyst team performing a wide variety of cost and economic analyses/estimating/engineering support directly interfacing with program offices and assisting the development and presentation of management level briefings as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in math, engineering, or business with at least 7 years of relevant Program Office experience
- Possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance or the ability to obtain one
- Working knowledge of DoD acquisition policies and the DoD acquisition and project management process
- Proven experience with cost estimating such as learning curves, inflation, regression, Operations and Support estimating, statistics, and cost estimating principles
- Must have the ability to gather and analyze technical, programmatic, schedule, labor, and cost data, to support the development of various types of cost estimates
- Working knowledge of Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tools (ACEIT) is highly desirable
- Experience developing Program Office Estimates (POE), Spend Plans, Integrated Government Cost Estimates (IGCE), and Cost Analysis Requirements Review (CARD)
- Experience supporting and/or coordinating annual Program Objective Memorandum (POM)/Strategic Portfolio Analysis and Review (SPAR)
- Excellent verbal, written, and quantitative communication skills
- Familiarity of Microsoft Programs, to include, but not limited to Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, etc.
May include performing parametric cost estimating, life cycle cost analysis, cost estimating relationships and model development, cost risk analysis, performance measurement (earned value), project forecasting and risk assessment, and cost-benefit analysis.
- Additional support includes, but is not limited to:
- Setting up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring a validated cost schedule control system.
- Performing analyses and preparing reports to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Preparing budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles and variance analysis.
- Preparing program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled.
- Performing schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
Systems Technology & Research, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. For more information go to U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.