As the largest locally-owned appliance company, Standard TV and Appliance prides itself on offering a top quality selection and exceptional service...for over 70 years!
Currently, we're on the lookout for a GRAVEYARD WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR to perform and direct day-to-day warehouse functions, including the supervision of general warehouse workers.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable loading/unloading delivery trucks, assisting customers, lifting/moving heavy items with the use of forklifts, hand trucks or by hand, and processing paperwork. Additional duties may be required as needed (details below).
Candidate must be comfortable working the graveyard shift.
- Employee Discount Program on purchases
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays
- Stable company atmosphere (over 70 years in business!)
- PLUS FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Instruct, counsel, delegate and monitor activities and behaviors of General Warehouse Workers. Notify Warehouse Manager of any serious behaviors or issues.
- Monitor daily staffing levels and adjust as necessary to accommodate business needs.
- Perform the general warehouse duties at the highest degree of professionalism, effectively and efficiently with little or no supervision.
- Maintain a positive demeanor at all times, lead the warehouse workers by example.
- Train new hires and current employees on warehouse policy and procedures.
- Execute opening or lock-up procedures as needed.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are taken at all times and warehouses security precautions are enforced.
- Solve pulling and staging problems through available resources i.e. GERS system and stock checking.
- Monitor paperwork to ensure all pieces are properly checked off.
General Warehouse Duties
- Interact with customers in a friendly and professional manner, both in-person and over the phone. Maintain awareness at all times and assist any customers that may require help. Take initiative to approach and wait on them as necessary.
- Accurately locate & pull product from warehouse without damage for customer will calls and deliveries.
- Load and unload product to and from Standard and vendor delivery trucks without damage.
- Check in, relocate and stock product from customer returns and vendor delivery trucks using/completing the proper paperwork. Ensure product is placed in its pre-assigned location with 100% accuracy.
- Perform basic installation and assembly of product (e.g., icemakers, door conversions, T.V. stands, etc.).
- Maintain a clean warehouse environment (e.g., sweeping).
- Perform safe use of forklift and other warehouse equipment (e.g., scissor lift, sweepers, pallet jacks).
- Lifting, pushing and pulling of heavy appliances (e.g. refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.).
- Operate hand truck with product up to 500 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the General Warehouse Duties section with little or no supervision.
- Previous warehouse experience plus demonstration of leadership qualities.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position (see "Physical Demands" below).
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Fluency in English (written & verbal).
- Complete knowledge of safe forklift operation including the ability to pass forklift certification training.
- Ability to use basic tools and work positively in a team environment.
- Ability to work a 40-hour per week flexible schedule and overtime as needed, able to cover staff shortages (sick days, vacations, short staffed, etc.).
- Previous leadership or warehouse management experience in the household appliance industry.
- Possess a current OSHA forklift certification.
- Knowledge of Storis software
- Frequent standing on concrete warehouse floor (workers are on their feet most of the day, however not standing in one position for any length of time). Frequent walking is required throughout the warehouse. Walking interspersed with driving and standing.
- Occasional to frequent sitting on forklifts to move appliances and restock. Other sitting is available on breaks and lunch only.
- Workers may frequently change position between walking, standing, and sitting.
- Occasional carrying of product, boxes, hand tools and miscellaneous items up to 75lbs is required. On occasion workers are required to carry 150 300 pound mattresses.
- Frequent lifting up to 75 lbs required, occasional lifting up to 250 lbs. Rarely lift up to 300-900 lbs as a single lift (2 people perform these heavy jobs so lifting is divided between them). Heavier items include appliances and mattresses. Lifting is mainly from the ground to waist high but can be overhead as well. Workers do not always lift the appliance, per se, but will maneuver, push/pull item from the floor onto carts and dollies. This requires strength and flexibility.
- Frequent pushing and pulling when utilizing dollies for loading and unloading, as well as maneuvering appliances and mattresses. These items can weigh up to 900 lbs. Workers also push and pull appliance boxes when staging orders and restocking.
- Frequent bending is required to perform this work. Proper body mechanics is stressed however, in order to move the appliances and mattresses. Awkward positions occur when maneuvering and handling large, bulky items.
- Continuous use of hands and arms to perform daily tasks, mainly gross motor skills. Fine manipulation required to complete paperwork but this is only done on an occasional basis. Overhead reaching occasionally required to load heavy products weighing 50 lbs to 400 lbs.
- Occasional twisting required for loading and unloading.
- Occasional climbing required to enter and exit forklifts and into the backs of trucks while assisting customers. Ability to navigate steps from the warehouse to the area where customers retrieve deliveries and assistance is required.
- Work is performed mainly in a warehouse with limited temperature control Due to the loading docks, there can be some extreme temperatures. During loading workers are exposed to typical Northwest weather conditions.
If you enjoy being part of a winning team, have a terrific attitude and are looking to embark on a great career, APPLY TODAY!
Standard TV & Appliance.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!