Deputy Political Director
Stacey Abrams is running to be governor of One Georgia. That means more money in families' pockets, helping our communities prosper, and giving our children the greatest opportunities to thrive. One Georgia hires principled candidates who want this not just for Democrats but for every Georgian. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, especially marginalized communities.
This job is located in or near Atlanta, GA.
Who You Are
- At least one cycle of campaign experience and two years of project management experience
- Relationships with local stakeholders is highly preferred
- Well organized, detail oriented and enjoys building systems to track information
- Able to handle multiple competing priorities and manage laterally
- Flexible, adaptable and solutions oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively communicate priorities, needs and expectations to Political Director, Senior Advisor for Politics and Regional Political team
- Can represent the campaign in-person at public events, meetings and ability to communicate the campaign's core message
- Ability to work with other departments within the organization to accomplish strategic goals
- Ability to regularly work irregular hours and weekends
What You'll Do
- Work with the Political Director on developing and executing the campaign's political priorities, including in-state principal trips, constituency engagement and building the political surrogate program
- Owns the communications infrastructure within the team, including internal reports, weekly standups and fielding questions from other departments within the campaign
- Build a system to track metrics, data and relationships across political regions and coalition groups and prepare regular reports for senior staff on the department's progress to goals
- Assist with the planning and execution of events and meetings, including writing memos and participating in preparation of campaign staff for meetings and events
- Conduct outreach and maintain relationships with elected officials, external allies and other stakeholders in assigned constituency groups
- Manage department fellow(s)
- Work closely with the Senior Advisor for Politics to accurately track projected expenses and political department needs
The salary for this position is $6,333.33/month and takes into account the required skills and experience.
About Employment at OG
- One Georgia is an equal opportunity employer. Like the vision of Georgia we are working to build, we are committed to a workplace that supports, respects, and inspires every individual. Hiring processes and decisions are applied without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, termination, and more. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including candidates of color, new Americans, women, veterans, disabled people, and LGBTQ individuals to apply.
- One Georgia offers a competitive company health plan with medical, dental, and vision insurance to all full-time staff.
- All One Georgia staff must be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot, against COVID-19, barring an accommodation for medical or religious reasons. Proof of vaccination will be required before employment begins.
- All Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
How to Apply
- Please apply online. Only candidates deemed qualified by the hiring manager will receive an interview.
- We ask that you include both a resume and a cover letter with your application. Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.
- All positions are open until filled and applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only candidates who have been identified for an interview will be contacted, and we are unable to respond to all emails. We encourage you to apply for our General Interest job posting to be considered for future and ongoing opportunities. Thank you!