Digital Organizer (hiring for 2 positions)
Stacey Abrams is running to be governor of One Georgia. That means more money in families' pockets, helping our communities prosper, and giving our children the greatest opportunities to thrive. OG hires principled candidates who want this not just for Democrats but for every Georgian. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, especially marginalized communities.
This job is located in or near Atlanta, GA.
Who You Are
- An organizer with at least one cycle of experience on a campaign, and/or a work history in community organizing
- A quick learner with a strong organizational system and knowledge in Excel/Google Sheets or desire to learn
- A great communicator with strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Adept at managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines under pressure; skilled at adapting to an ever-changing environment
- Self-described creative with the ability to work both independently and in team settings
- A passionate individual who is committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment
What You'll Do
- Recruit volunteers through digital spaces, call time, and other innovative strategies
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with your volunteers to create a campaign space where volunteers are excited to participate and know they are valuable members of the team
- Train volunteers in direct voter contact strategies, including but not limited to phone banking and text banking
- Identify, train, and manage your own team of Volunteer Leaders to take ownership of distributed program pieces as it scales
- Coach volunteers on innovative relational organizing tactics to collect IDs, make voting plans and get out the vote with their friends, family, and community
- Host organizing events to train voters to use their power and their existing relationships to mobilize people in their own communities to vote
- Manage Slack, Facebook, and other digital organizing group spaces, and assist with the management of campaign tools
- Assist in the creation of guides, training materials, and other volunteer materials
The salary for this position is $5,000 a month and takes into account the required skills and experience.
About Employment at OG
- One Georgia is an equal opportunity employer. Like the vision of Georgia we are working to build, we are committed to a workplace that supports, respects, and inspires every individual. Hiring processes and decisions are applied without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, termination, and more. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including candidates of color, new Americans, women, veterans, disabled people, and LGBTQ individuals to apply.
- OG offers a competitive company health plan with medical, dental, and vision insurance to all full-time staff.
- All OG staff must be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot, against COVID-19, barring an accommodation for medical or religious reasons. Proof of vaccination will be required before employment begins.
- All Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
How to Apply
- Please apply online. Only candidates deemed qualified by the hiring manager will receive an interview.
- We ask that you include both a resume and a cover letter with your application. Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only candidates who have been identified for an interview will be contacted, and we are unable to respond to all emails. We encourage you to apply for our General Interest job posting to be considered for future and ongoing opportunities. Thank you!