Outside Plant Maintenance Technician
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
In the exploding business of modern telecommunications, SRI is at the forefront of this expansion by helping companies build, integrate & staff their cutting-edge networks. SRI is proud to only work with the largest service providers in the country which gives us endless opportunities for business and personal growth! Our culture is amazing, and our employees are happy and motivated, we would love to have you join our team!
Description of Role:
SRI Telecom is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Outside Plant Fiber Maintenance Technician to contribute to all areas of expertise with various cross functional operations teams. You will be primarily responsible maintaining the fiber plant from the data center to the customer facility as well as provide support and feedback to the Network Operations Center. You will also partake in turning up new fiber plant in freshly built areas. The successful candidate will be able to successfully troubleshoot, repair and maintain plant and equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems, and processes to support the overall business goals and objectives.
• Provide quality internal and external customer service reflecting the Company values
• Troubleshoot and repair the distribution network from data center to customer's electronic devices
• Maintain network integrity through preventive maintenance
• Resolve issues at installation and on scheduled service call from customer's electronic devices to enclosures
• Use automated routing system or plans daily route; requisitions equipment and supplies; stock company vehicle
• Complete work orders and other documentation on paper or by mobile device
• Use small hand tools, power tools, meters, and other test equipment
• Maintain and secure company truck and equipment
• Work on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours as required
• Participate in on call rotation when necessary
• Install, label & ground equipment into enclosures when necessary
• Document all necessary information to customer assets (serial numbers, location, model number, etc.)
• Provide onsite support to remote engineers (reboot equipment, power cycle equipment, reseat cards, provide status information, fiber light path measurements, etc.)
• Verify connectivity integrity of fiber routes.
• Troubleshoot equipment when needed (connectivity, power, status lights, provisioning)
• Manage & coordinate the disposal or RMA of damaged or inoperable equipment.
• Perform pro-active or demand maintenance on equipment or outside plant fiber.
• Be available for unscheduled maintenance 24/7/365 (after hours/weekends).
• Maintain repair and maintenance logs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to work with little to no supervision.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends during unscheduled outages.
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills and basic understanding of networking & fiber signal flow.
• Must have impeccable attention to all details and be able to document accordingly.
• Solid skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required, with ability to become proficient in other software.
• Strong knowledge of outside plant fiber networks.
• Working knowledge of telecommunications/data center equipment.
• Has experience working in FTTH, RFoG or EPON networks
• Demonstrate Customer service orientation with a strong and creative problem-solving approach.
• Team player with a high-energy level and diligent work ethic.
• Ability to meet or exceed deadlines with strong follow-through.
• Ability to organize and prioritize activities.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Must maintain strict confidentiality of extremely sensitive data, records, files, conversations, etc.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Stand on feet for up to 8 hours per day.
Monday through Friday 8 am - 5 pm
SRI offers W-2 employment with access to a comprehensive benefits package such as paid vacation, paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, HSA and others!
This position pays up to $32.00/hr depending on experience.
Salt Lake City, UT