In the exploding business of modern telecommunications, SRI is at the forefront of this expansion by helping companies build, integrated & staff the cutting-edge networks. SRI is proud to only work with the largest service providers in the country who gives us endless opportunities for business and personal growth!
Description of Role
SRI Telecom is seeking a OSP Construction Specialist with relevant project coordination experience to contribute to all areas of expertise with various cross functional project teams. The successful specialist is responsible for overseeing/monitoring the activities of Construction Technicians and/or contractors to ensure new construction, repair, and system maintenance activities are completed in accordance with established standards. Administers some aspects of construction activities, including materials, labor, and resource allocation planning. Acts as lead in teams and projects. Has developed knowledge and skills in own discipline. Still acquiring higher level skills. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Work closely with contractors, vendors, and city planners for permitting, right-of-way, and easements.
- Collect data in the field for design corrections, build work packages, estimates construction costs, prepares budgets, and tracks costs.
- Coordinates all customer implementation activities including site walk-throughs, node placements, and subcontract Labor.
- Negotiate and approve design or construction changes.
- Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing, estimates material, construction, and labor costs.
- As projects are completed, perform tasks to close tasks in a database/tool, reconcile assets, and generate reports to ensure proper closure of a project.
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties such as: placing hardline cables, frame and strand poles, transfer facilities between poles, place cable in joint trench, and safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping concerning project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and labor expenditures.
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of projects.
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials, and expenditures.
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and complaints.
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals and objectives.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business support, technical, or production staff who perform tasks in the same function
- Sets priorities for the team. Assigns tasks and checks work at regular intervals
- Responsible for ensuring all work performed on the project meets or exceeds Comcast, Local, State or Federal standards and regulations.
- Primary Responsibilities:
Skills & Responsibilities
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an area of responsibility.
- Self-motivated problems solver with the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Seek advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from a supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be organized, detail oriented and personable.
- It shows a correct understanding of routine aspects of work.
- Updating the JT or Polaris entry (job docs/maps) QC for path verification
- Primary contractor interface day-to-day in the field and in turn acts as the NGAN liaison with the regional network technicians
- New or upgraded power supply in place and operational (in continuity) prior to cut date.
- Overall responsibility of the quality of the NGAN product: from the contractor building and to the operations we hand off to
- It is expected that this role is in the field 90% of their time
- Must have a construction background, preferably with telecommunications, administrative skills, computer skills, field/data entry background, ability to read and interpret maps, and a good understanding of fiber optic materials and construction.
Monday through Friday 7 am-4 pm in a home office environment with visits to the field.
SRI offers W-2 employment with access to a comprehensive benefits package such as as 40 hours paid vacation, 7-paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, HSA, and others!
This position pays $29/hr.
222 New Park Dr, Berlin, CT