- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
Full Competitive Benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401k, HSA
SRI is a leading network integration services company serving all major network communications segments nationally including Cable MSO, Telecom Central Office, Wireless, Broadcast, and Data Center. SRI provides a full array of network integration services including surveys, audits, engineering, installation, procurement, test and turn-up, and staffing.
SRI Telecom is seeking an experienced Outside Plant Construction Planner 1. This job is in Orange County, CA area with travel within. This job is focused on overseeing and managing the work of OSP contractors during the design, walkout, construction and invoicing life cycle.
We are looking for a self motivated problem solver who has no problem putting in the time and effort needed to complete the task at hand. This would be joining a very tight team that works with each other to overcome obstacles. If this is you we want you on our team.
- Operate across a myriad of internal groups and external organizations to ready and implement operations processes and projects.
- Manage proposals, bids, scope definition, engineering design cycles and design review and approvals for a FTTH network, specifically, the selection of construction vendors.
- Manage vendor scope of work (SOW), project change orders and materials procurement sufficient to meet contractual requirements.
- Support finance metric development, reporting and dashboard reporting.
- Execute multiple projects / programs / planning in support of regional long term processes.
- Lead process improvements that result in efficiency and efficacy gains throughout deployment and operations in the market.
- FTTP/FTTX experience.
- Understanding of GO 128.
- Preferred gas line installation experience.
- Experience managing capital intensive technical programs, and experience directly managing vendors in large scope projects. Project/Program Management experience.
- Experience in developing and managing contracts, scheduling project, cost engineering, budgeting and forecasting costs, reporting project status and costs, procurement and in negotiating with contractors and vendors.
- Excellent analytical qualities to monitor/review vendors' financial and operational performances. Strong analytical and solution oriented background skills with great people skills; strong structured problem solving capabilities.
- Understanding or CAD, GIS systems and FTTH records/As-builts
- Demonstrated ability to employ good troubleshooting skills and creative problem solving abilities under pressure.
- 2+ years experience managing OSP vendors
- 3 years of experience in vendor management role a customer-facing responsibilities
- Demonstrates an understanding of Project Management and Execution / Results.