- Glen Burnie, MD, USA
- Full Time and Part Time Opportunities
Specialty Underwater Services is inviting applications from Commercial Divers who are interested in full-time and part-time Diver/Tender opportunities in the Curtis Bay and Baltimore, Maryland, and surrounding areas. Divers will be required to travel to job sites as needed and may have the opportunity to perform work at our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, location and surrounding job sites.
SCHEDULE, PAY AND BENEFITS
Divers at SUS earn a competitive wage and can expect to work a varied schedule based on project needs.
We also provide excellent benefits for our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, a 401(k) with company match, and an employer-contributed health savings account (HSA). Note that these benefits do not apply to part-time employees.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Specialty Underwater Services (SUS) is an emergency based Industrial Diving & Heavy Marine Construction Company; to include Marine Maintenance, Repairs, Construction, and Inspection services. We have the ability to successfully perform projects as a General/ Prime Contractor or as a Subcontractor.
Working from two geographic locations, Pittsburgh, PA., and Baltimore, MD., allows us to quickly mobilize and respond to all types of projects and emergencies throughout the Eastern Seaboard. We take great pride in our work and our clients are confident their recommendations, along with our portfolio of experience, will demonstrate our ability to deliver a safe and quality service consistently across all of the industries that we service.
Whether it is a one-hour job in the middle of the night, a maintenance contract, or a design-build project, we have a veteran staff with extensive experience in commercial diving and heavy marine construction available to safely and successfully complete projects.
Visit us online to learn more about who we are and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMMERCIAL DIVER
Commercial Divers complete day-to-day assigned underwater construction activities of their specific project while achieving schedule, quality and safety goals set by their direct supervisors. Divers will work below water using surface supplied air gear to inspect, repair, remove, or install equipment and/or structures. Divers may use a variety of power and hand tools, such as drills, hammers, torches, and welding equipment.
- Undertakes dives and other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Ensures that personal diving equipment is working correctly and is suitable for the planned dive.
- Ensures appropriate safety measures are taken.
- Ensures full understanding of the dive plan and is competent to carry out the planned tasks.
- Knows, understands, and follows the routine and emergency procedures.
- Reports any medical problem or symptoms experienced during or after the dive.
- Identifies and reports any equipment faults, other potential hazards, near misses or accidents.
- Performs topside and underwater rigging.
- Sets up and operates all equipment as directed by the diving supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
See attached job description for more details.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude to work with our team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates will have a comprehensive knowledge in the use of diving equipment and industry requirements, and be proficient in the use of hand tools, power tools and welding equipment. Along with those qualities, the following are requirements of the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Commercial Dive School Diploma
- Previous maritime experience and knowledge of diving support equipment.
- Four recent dive logs.
- At least two years of related experience highly preferred.
- Current ADC Dive Physical (Physicians Signature) required.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED (Adult), from a certified Red Cross facility or equivalent (online certifications are NOT accepted) required.
- Current Emergency O2 Certificate, from a certified Red Cross facility or equivalent (online certifications are NOT accepted) required.
- Preferred Credentials:
- Current TWIC Card
- Current Blood Borne Pathogen Certificate
- Current HAZWOPER, OSHA 10 Hour or OSHA 30 Hour Certificate
- Rigging Certification/Training
- Current ADC Card
This is a Safety Sensitive Position requiring work on project sites, including federal projects, and construction diving. Project sites contain various safety hazards associated with heavy construction. This position may require working at heights, in confined spaces, around heavy equipment, and under constantly changing circumstances, in addition to completing underwater construction activities. This position may also entail project site work at night and on weekends on an as needed basis. This position will be subject to more stringent drug testing and compliance policies associated with our status as a Federal Contractor.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this Laborer job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
EOE: race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/vet